Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

s shape vacuum line connector

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

s shape vacuum line connector Empty
PostSubject: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 9:06 pm

I have a 1995 buick Riviera s/c ,im having a hard time finding a rubber s shaped vacuum line hose 2mm maybe ,  the s shaped connector I have slips off the line and trigger my traction control as off until I put it back on does anyone sell a kit with rubber elbows and s shaped connectors? thank you have a gr8 day! looking at the car it sits right in front of the s/c on the right side where all the vacuum lines meet, right below where the engine cover clicks on.... is there a kit a can buy to replace all of them?https://2img.net/h/i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/Glowinstrat/DSCN3358.jpg
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 10:16 pm

You can replace it with a length of common fuel line. What you can do is take a longer length, like a foot, coil it so it makes one loop and connects the nipples, then trim it to that size. It will look like a snake, coiled in a loop kind of like a snail.

Odds are GM has an SKU for a similar hose that you could trim to directly fit but I don't have that info.

Fix it soon. If you have a vacuum leak in a line, or missing lines, you will absolutely loose boost. The Boost Bypass Solenoid needs vacuum to operate.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 11:19 pm

thank you albert,also one end is larger in diameter than the other end
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Rivieraz wrote:
thank you albert,also one end is larger in diameter than the other end

You could get short lengths of the different ID lines then couple them with a nipple the correct sizes. In the past what I've done was to cement the larger one onto the smaller one (insert the smaller one in the larger one) with tire patch cement, but I don't remember if I've done that with this hose and can't check ATM (car's not here). You can avoid that by using one or another connector. One candidate is a 'universal' connector such as Needa 473093. It is nylon and splices hoses of same or dissimilar sizes. Another is a Needa 474033, which is a 1/8" x 7/32" Soft Connector.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 12:16 am

s shape vacuum line connector Img_0110fyi this is the vacuum end I need to replace but hose clamps seem to work for now.

Last edited by Rivieraz on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Your problem is the hose will tend to collapse at the bends under vacuum.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 11:48 pm

albertj wrote:
thank you
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Rivieraz wrote:
albertj wrote:
thank you
I forgot to mention...

A work-around for the collapsing is to get a scrap piece of the rigid nylon hose and use heat to bend it into shape to form the bends, then work it into the soft hose.  The rigid hose will hold the soft hose open through the bends.  If you do this you can usually get away with just doing the bends as long as you can slip the nylon tubing in. A piece of aluminum tubing, copper tubing,  or CuNiFer brake line would work as well.  You don't want to use steel pipe (common brake line) for such splints due to rust.
Back to top Go down
rhinton14
Special

Name : Riley
Merit : 0

PostSubject: fixed the line, didn’t fix the boost issue    s shape vacuum line connector EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:08 pm

albertj wrote:

You can replace it with a length of common fuel line.  What you can do is take a longer length, like a foot, coil it so it makes one loop and connects the nipples, then trim it to that size.  It will look like a snake,  coiled in a loop kind of like a snail.

Odds are GM has an SKU for a similar hose that you could trim to directly fit but I don't have that info.  

Fix it soon.  If you have a vacuum leak in a line, or missing lines, you will absolutely loose boost. The Boost Bypass Solenoid needs vacuum to operate.

I happened to have this same problem with my riviera and the boost bypass valve works, fixed the vacuum line, and don’t know where the solenoid is for the 1995. my riviera doesn’t make as much boost as it should and i am concerned
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 11:03 pm

rhinton14 wrote:
albertj wrote:

You can replace it with a length of common fuel line.  What you can do is take a longer length, like a foot, coil it so it makes one loop and connects the nipples, then trim it to that size.  It will look like a snake,  coiled in a loop kind of like a snail.

Fix it soon.  If you have a vacuum leak in a line, or missing lines, you will absolutely loose boost. The Boost Bypass Solenoid needs vacuum to operate.

I happened to have this same problem with my riviera and the boost bypass valve works, fixed the vacuum line, and don’t know where the solenoid is for the 1995. my riviera doesn’t make as much boost as it should and i am concerned

Did you get your own copy of the factory service manual? I have a 98, the vacuum manifold on the 95 is different from the 98.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: s shape vacuum line connector   s shape vacuum line connector Empty

Back to top Go down

s shape vacuum line connector
Page 1 of 1