Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Set fan turn on temperature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickRivieraGeorgia
Amateur
BuickRivieraGeorgia

Name : Riviera
Merit : 0

Set fan turn on temperature  Empty
PostSubject: Set fan turn on temperature    Set fan turn on temperature  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 3:05 pm

Hey all,

I recently put a 180 thermostat in my supercharged series 1 (1995 Riviera).
I noticed that on highways, it keeps the engine at the right temps, but in the city it still goes up to 205, sometimes a bit over.
I am thinking it’s when the fans turn..?

Can anyone give some feedback on how to keep it cool during city driving?
Does it involve pcm tune? If so, how would one go about doing that?

I have an elm327 Bluetooth connector and TunerPro on my laptop. Is that enough?
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

Set fan turn on temperature  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set fan turn on temperature    Set fan turn on temperature  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 5:09 pm

I have my ‘95 tuned with TunerPro to have lower fan on/off temps. It was a little involved but I did make a write up when I did it. I noticed a huge improvement in performance from this alone.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t10487-write-up-reading-editing-and-burning-chips-for-a-series-1-l67

I honestly havent used TunerPro since then so I cant say for sure that everything I used is still available or still the same but hopefully it can help get you on the right track.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the write up I did on scanning/datalogging. It will help you learn a little more about TunerPro. The GearheadEFI forum I have linked on there is full of incredibly knowledgeable people on this style of tuning.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t10486-write-up-scanning-and-datalogging-series-i-l67

BuickRivieraGeorgia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Set fan turn on temperature
Page 1 of 1