Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs

Go down 
+35
flyineagle96
pbrktrt
LT1Squirrel
Abaddon
Allstyle
Hometown Hero
GMFreak8
97 park ave
Eldo
IBx1
albertj
Z-type
robotennis61
Jack the R
Buapo
Rickw
Sweepspear
Supercharged
manofmany
ZEP
96RIVMANN
turtleman
NO 4 EVR
SoCal Riv
T Riley
Andysdorm
deekster_caddy
pwmin
Mr.Riviera
racinfan
jax95riv
1998 Riv
AA
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs   SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Phillips makes a good bulb I have the Crystal Visions in my Bush Buggy. Pretty bright even through my bush gaurd.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs   SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 pm

AA wrote:
Yeah, I see what you mean. As far as I know, there are very few halogen bulbs spec'd much over 4000ºK. The Eurolights are 4100ºK according to the spec.

I've been looking into alternatives to the Eurolights. $35 per year is okay, and they are bright, but there are some newer bulbs on the market. I checked into the HID route, but the only ones I feel comfortable buying are Philips ($350) or McCulloch ($250). All of the $50-80 options are basically the same Chinese product, imo. And based on some of the problems I've seen people having in the HID thread, I'm not convinced it's worth doing.

After some searching for better halogens, I found these:

SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs - Page 8 PHILIPS-X-TREME-POWER-R48235-0

Lots of good reviews from other forums, and some good photos of the beams. Since the X-Tremes are legal 55W bulbs, I'm curious to see how they stack up next to the Eurolights. Bulbs are on the way, so if they get here before my other bulb fails, I'll try to get a photo of the new & old for comparison.
Aaron can you provide a link to where you purchased them and possibly any links to peoples reviews of them.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs   SilverStars, EuroLights, X-treme Power & other Halogen Bulbs - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I ordered from http://www.suvlights.com

At this time, I can't recommend the seller, as I've not received the bulbs yet, and have never dealt with them before. These bulbs have only been available in the US for a year, and still are hard to find. Supposedly Meijer and K-Mart dept stores carry, but I could not find them locally.

Here are some links with more info: