Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Fuel Injector Cleaning

Go down 
+20
denim
L67GAMSE93
Abaddon
albertj
robotennis61
98riv
Rickw
Jason
99Rivman
dreww
rivcop
Brad95Riv
palermocorey90
AA
NO 4 EVR
Jack the R
Mr.Riviera
Sag
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 6:27 pm

99Rivman,
Did the FelPro O-rings work.
I'm going to swap my injectors soon and would like to know if I have to go to the dealer for proper O-Rings or not.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 7:38 pm

They will work.

Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Man I Should Probably do this Considereing I have 160k and they have never been cleaned or changed, at least the old lady I bought it form didnt beat on here it was babied to the miliage it has
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:07 pm

digging up an old thread, but i am doing this soon and the question asked on page 1 is still unanswered. so i'll ask it again:
do you just let them soak and them spray them off with brake cleaner? what do you soak them in?

thanks,
Matthew

Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 am

I soaked mine in pure injector cleaner. From the first post in this thread I got the impression that they were soaked in brake cleaner....

Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: ASNU Fuel Injector Cleaning Machine   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:52 am

I am toying with the idea of starting my own injector cleaning service. It requires no certification that i know of,and the ASNU machine is automatic and very easy to use. the machine does all this
Features & Technical Specifications

Test & Service up to 8 injectors at one time
LED Backlit Display Window
Open Viewing Window for Injector Spray Comparison
LCD Digital Operational Display
Multi Language Selection Programme
Glycerine Filled Pressure Gauge
0 - 10 Bar / 0 - 145 PSI (0.2 increments)
Variable Pressure Regulator with "Boost Button"
Universal Fuel Rail Accepts all Top Feed Injectors
Adapter Blocks for Mono Point & Side Feed Injectors
In-Line Flow Tubes for Easy Delivery Comparison
"Up & Over" Tube Drain System (Lifetime Guarantee)
Membrane Key Pad Operation
Wide Range of Dynamic & Static Tests
Dynamic Injector Resistance Check
Injector "Shot" Counter Display
Injector Run-Time Display
Duty Cycle Display
Run injectors up to 20,000 RPM
High Performance Pump Upgrade Option
In-Built Ultrasonic Cleaning System
Removable Wiring Harness
Manual & Automatic Cleaning Cycles
Suitable for GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection)
Suitable for Injected Motorcycles
Suitable for Injected Marine Engines
Suitable for LPG Injection
For use on EVERY type of injector on the market
Multi Voltage Power Input
Nylon Coated Casing for Long Life
Complete Parts and Accessories Programme
Injector Service Tools

INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 Red

It might be a good way to make extra cash and knowing many in the auto world would be to my advantage. what yall think??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 am

How much will it cost you to get something like that?

Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:30 am

I'm not sure. So far i haven't been able to locate a price online.Ill call the distributor as soon as the hour rolls around.They are also available used. This is an area many shops don't get involved in? i cant understand why? could it be that chasing "other" problems is more rewarding? Beats the hell outa me..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 am

My guess is because many online places can get great coverage by shipping the injectors around. Take that mrinjector.us site you referenced in other threads. Injectors are so small, it wouldn't be a problem for me to ship them mine from Canada. And the overall amount of work they do on each injector is great for only 16$ each.

Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 am

very true. regarding mrinjector,he gave me an 1 extra of everything and on the o-rings a couple more. And $5 bucks from where i am is good. But I bet i could turn a profit servicing them. There are classes to take to teach you everything you need to know,but no certification that i can see.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 am

Whoa! $ 7100 classic & junior 6100
Alot more than i thought. Still interested though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 am

so for the junior you would have to clean 406+ injectors to break even @ 15$ per injector...

Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 am

YUP! judging by the crooks that run garages here in this town,id have to say that customers wouldn't be hard to convince this service is Smart $s spent
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:14 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
YUP! judging by the crooks that run garages here in this town,id have to say that customers wouldn't be hard to convince this service is Smart $s spent

IS there a price for injector removal/cleaning/oring refit that you could charge that lets the garages in town all sublet the injector work to you, at a price good for customers, and you/they still make fair profit? (compared to the in-the-car chemical injection?) Is there a bread-and-butter angle like a military or fleet contract you could get as basic income for the business?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning   INJECTOR - Fuel Injector Cleaning - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 pm

I was thinkin the same thing Albert. I don't know of anybody who has ever come into my shop and asked to have their Injectors removed and cleaned. However, we sell quite a few of the Fuel Injection/Induction services ($100). The system I have is newer than the one in the video I posted. Mine has a dual tank setup. One for the combustion stuff, and one for the intake stuff. Pull the fuel pump fuse or relay, and the car runs off of the cleaner, getting every single Injector clean. robo, you might want to consider something like this system instead of a bench setup.