Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Paxton Supercharger?

Go down 
+4
97rivman
AA
dreww
Jack the R
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Paxton Supercharger? Empty
PostSubject: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 3:00 am

This may be a tall tale, but tonight I heard about a Riv with a Paxton SC on it, supposedly making 425 hp. Supposedly it has had "everything done to it."

I don't know if this car actually exists or not. What happened was, my mechanic was doing some custom fab work on my stb and sent it out to be welded. The welder liked the idea and decided to make a couple more, one being for the mystery Riv. My mechanic sounded a little doubtful that the car was real though.

What do you think?

BTW, who's making the most power now, and how much?
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 3:04 am

besides the dragster with twin turbos and a RWD platform, I'd say the fastest one I heard of was running high 12's (Rivman I think). like a little over 300 to the ground on the dyno.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 9:03 am

Whoever this is, we should find them!

I've got about 300hp at the crank. 425hp would be unbelievable!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

Name : alex
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:42 am

Between me and eric, im feeling that it is a tall tale.... There is no way someone could perform all of that work without consulting the forums....I know!!!

Im easily pushing 375 with a gen V..... we all have the same owners manual, and i launched mine off the dash board at about 5,500 rpm in 1st with a stock pulley.

Not to say its not possible, but for some reason, some people will remember some Riviera that was pushing 400-500 hp and had everything done to it...totally custom everything, aluminum heads, blah, blah, blah running 10's... that was from a mustang guy when he was checking out my car. There's just too many variables that make it unlikely. Dont get me wrong, I could do it with minimal money on stock pistons and probably a cam, but i dont see it being very practical.

They would have to be equally crazy as me or eric, in which case, i would already know them. Im calling this myth Busted!!!
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 pm

I need to get to a dyno. I'm pretty sure I'm over 300 I might be at like 350 or so, at the crank.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 2:49 pm

AA - I'm looking into it.

97rivman - I'm picturing the guy who (may have) built the mystery Riv as an older fella who doesn't use the internet. We're not exactly into technological literacy in these parts. Heck, we're not even into literacy.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 3:09 pm

It's hard to picture a person who can skillfully use a tuner but can't use the internet
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:38 pm

Jack the R wrote:
97rivman - I'm picturing the guy who (may have) built the mystery Riv as an older fella who doesn't use the internet. We're not exactly into technological literacy in these parts. Heck, we're not even into literacy.

Without the internet, hes gonna have one hell of fucked up time trying to get all the right parts and torque specs for a 425 hp riviera... I had to do it, Eric had to get the whipple from w-body store, and any information he need was provided by james because he has 2 s/c 3800's in one cutlass.

Ive seen 428 hp grand prixs with a t-66 turbo and rockers....granted it had 112 race fuel..which is another thing....nobody is going to make 425 on a safe tune on pump gas with a paxton.

Im not hating but pictures are proof and videos are undeniable
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 6:41 pm

Could be 425 Hp vs. 425 WHP. Big difference there.

I agree it's possible. When I started this board, I thought there were only about 3 Riviera's faster than mine. Turns out I was way off. Lots of quick Rivs out there I never knew about... likely some I still don't.

This "old guy" might have a lot of money. Maybe he doesn't tune or build himself. Maybe he just took it to INTENSE or ZZP and said, "Here's $10k. Get to it boys!" What is it they say? 12s in an afternoon?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 10:24 pm

lol why would the internet be required to build a fast car???

and why cant anyone make 400hp on pump gas?? there are many cars out ther doing more than that on pump gas....its all in the tune,and having the most affective components...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:23 pm

Maybe the guy learned all his tricks at work?

My mechanic will use the internet at work, but otherwise he rarely ever touches it. I always gets the feeling he thinks I'm a little strange when I mention this forum.

I'll take credit for being strange alien but the forum didn't have anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
97rivman
Fanatic
97rivman

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 4:58 am

this forum didnt have anything to do wih my build either, but there is no way to directly measure horsepower to the crank. and between zzp and intense, i would have known something.

You dont get away with building one of the worlds fastest buick rivieras and dont tell anybody about it..... like the guys who built the twin turbo3.8L GN RWD riviera and geo metro....people know about them......talk is talk, but the walk is the walk. and if someone really challenges me, ill lay it down..... and noone will say anything but "god damn"

if i were 30+, i wouldnt drop $15,000 into a riv if i knew better...... bonk thats what foxbody mustangs are for
Back to top Go down
rivcop
Amateur
rivcop

Name : Kevin

PostSubject: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Thats alot for a FWD. I would be afraid of bending the frame. I wonder if (real or not) it has frame ties? I would think you would need that. I had a 95 Riv SC(now have a 96), on the 95 I had the block bored 0.005 over a cam and the SC ported and polished(guys did good work) and I was "Estimated not even to be 300HP! Currently, my 96 has a whopping 240HP happy Would be interested to see this car, this......smoking gun! Thats what will call it untill it shows itself. I need to post pics of the 95, if I still have them. I'm waiting till "Tax-time" to start the new one, so many more mods available.
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 4:01 pm

97rivman wrote:
this forum didnt have anything to do wih my build either, but there is no way to directly measure horsepower to the crank. and between zzp and intense, i would have known something.

You dont get away with building one of the worlds fastest buick rivieras and dont tell anybody about it..... like the guys who built the twin turbo3.8L GN RWD riviera and geo metro....people know about them......talk is talk, but the walk is the walk. and if someone really challenges me, ill lay it down..... and noone will say anything but "god damn"

if i were 30+, i wouldnt drop $15,000 into a riv if i knew better...... bonk thats what foxbody mustangs are for

what do you mean theres no way to directly measure HP to the crank??? lol there are engine dynos all over the place, Intense and ZZP arent the only people capable of building,tuning, etc a 3800 powered car....lol whos challenging you??? are you afraid someone has something better??
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 4:29 pm

rivcop wrote:
Thats alot for a FWD. I would be afraid of bending the frame. I wonder if (real or not) it has frame ties? I would think you would need that.

What does everyone else think about this?

Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 6:42 pm

Too my knowledge, the INTENSE turbo GTP making 800 HP uses a fairly stock frame. I'll try to find out for sure.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySat Nov 17, 2007 11:55 pm

Jack the R wrote:
rivcop wrote:
Thats alot for a FWD. I would be afraid of bending the frame. I wonder if (real or not) it has frame ties? I would think you would need that.

What does everyone else think about this?

If you look at it this way, the way the rivs engine torques, *back to front* un like an F-body so to speak,where its going to want to twist..its going to be easier to twist that to fold from front to back,actually it would take more force than any riv engine could ever throw at it,because by the time you get into making enough power,you either spend time replacing broken drive train pieces,trannys...or you tube frame the front end so you can put a wicked suspension for getting traction.which by then it probably wont be a street car.... so basically frame ties on FWD car= bonk
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 5:33 am

That's what I was thinking, but it's good to hear someone who *knows* say it.
Back to top Go down
rivcop
Amateur
rivcop

Name : Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:08 am

Well... I guess we will never *Know* for sure until this car presents itself, but your probably right. Alot of busted tranny pieces/mounts, motor mounts; would definatly have to be beefed up. Wish I had that kind of cash! Man, thats alot of get-up-and-go for a FWD car. Like to see the face of some dude on the track when you not only smoke his ass, but leave him standing where he started.....by like 10 car lengths LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paxton Supercharger?   Paxton Supercharger? Empty

Back to top Go down

Paxton Supercharger?
Page 1 of 1