Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

headliner question

Go down 
+6
sniperdude
c0reyl
Kustom Kreationz
urbsnspices
gosloriv
palermocorey90
10 posters
AuthorMessage
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: headliner question   headliner question EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 5:54 pm

how do you remove it from the riv, i need to take mine down for a top secret operation, that only cody knows about. please help me,

BTW im sorry for so many questions
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

Name : David
Merit : 0

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 2:18 pm

very carefully!!!
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Merit : -24

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

oooo my lord thank you so much for that post
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

Name : David

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 3:49 pm

yw!!!!
Back to top Go down
urbsnspices
Fanatic
urbsnspices

Merit : 4

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Not sure about everything else but the A pillars are pretty easy to remove. Slide them up along the frame rail and they should come free.
Back to top Go down
Kustom Kreationz
Amateur
Kustom Kreationz

Name : Buck

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:46 pm

What part of removal are you having trouble with? after you get it dropped, it will come out the pass side door....
Back to top Go down
c0reyl
Addict
c0reyl

Merit : 2

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Haha I had to figure it out for myself, and then I ended up forgetting what plugged into a couple of scap in connectors in the headliner itself and searched, and this is the only post retgarding headliners from forever ago :/

By the way, if you remove bolts from basically anything plastic on the headliner itself, some are hidden by plastic snap release machanisms, and there are also screws in the visors holding it in I believe, and of course the handles, there's bolts hidden in the light, you need to remove the pillars in between dash and headliner and the back seat and headliner too I think, or it just makes it a lot easier.

That was helping anyone else who might have searched and only saw this but wanted to remove headliner.

To remove the sliding door that covers the sunroof, the way I did it but I'm not sure if it's correct was I bent the plastic tabs that were resting on the rail, derailed the sliding door and it dropped a little bit, then I opened sunroof all the way, and then basically pulled it out which felt kind of iffy, but the door is made out of metal so you know, and if you are cleaning, the plastic handle can be popped out with a small screwdriver that moves locking tabs. I didn't want to force anything, but I didn't see any other easier way since it looks like the frame surrounding the motor structure for the sunroof is TAC welded to the frame of the car itself, it seemed the easiest option.

Oh yeah, and how much better you guys think my $50 creigslist wheels make my ride look better over stock? happy

Last edited by c0reyl on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
c0reyl
Addict
c0reyl

Merit : 2

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:37 pm

oops I posted the wrong thing here, sorry :/
Back to top Go down
sniperdude
Fanatic
sniperdude

Name : Mike
Merit : 18

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: sagging sunroof headliner   headliner question EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 pm

The headliner fabric on the sunroof sliding panel is sagging pretty bad and I was wondering if there's a way to take off the sliding panel without removing the headliner.

This is what I got going on: headliner question 20120606081740
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 pm

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

Name : Tyler
Merit : 20

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Headliner   headliner question EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm

albertj, do you have any idea of how much it costs or how difficult it is to recover a headliner? Mine is disgustingly dirty (like most everything else in the car), and i just want it to be black instead of tan. Im either going to recover it, or paint it.

Recommendations?
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:58 pm

take it off and check it then recover it. mine was butchered so i need a headliner. they make injectable adhesives for saggin, and fabric paint so you should be covered
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 pm

joshuadalegrimes wrote:
so you should be covered
Nice pun.
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

wondered if anyone would notice lol
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:50 pm

The headliner, with it's magnetic sticking action, is great for muleing drugs around the highway.. just sayin.

Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

Name : Tyler
Merit : 20

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 am

charlieRobinson wrote:
The headliner, with it's magnetic sticking action, is great for muleing drugs around the highway.. just sayin.

Haha thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

headliner question Empty
PostSubject: Re: headliner question   headliner question Empty

Back to top Go down

headliner question
Page 1 of 1