Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Steering problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BoattailBob
Fanatic
BoattailBob

Merit : 0

Steering problems Empty
PostSubject: Steering problems   Steering problems EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 5:54 pm

I'll try to explain this the best I can. Its an intermittent problem so I'm having a tough time pinning it down. This usually happens when I first start driving and sounds almost the same as when the wheel is turned to the extreme right or left only its louder and happens no matter how much I turn the wheel. I also feel tension in the wheel so I'm suspecting my power steering pump, although the fluid is fine and no leaks. Or it could be a belt or pulley? The sound is pretty loud and almost sounds like a belt rubbing but they look fine. Could the tensioner pulley be causing this? The problem goes away usually within 5 min. New power steering pump? Any ideas? TIA
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Steering problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering problems   Steering problems EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:53 pm

there was a service bulletin about the PS hoses - but I don't have it. Might want to ask a dealer.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
BoattailBob
Fanatic
BoattailBob

Merit : 0

Steering problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering problems   Steering problems EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:58 pm

Still haven't fixed this but had my wife turn the wheel while I checked around yesterday. My power steering pulley is wobbling when the wheel is turned, binding up the belt. Will investigate more today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steering problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering problems   Steering problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Steering problems
Page 1 of 1