Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes Empty
PostSubject: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:06 pm

Well, this might be a question with an apparent answer on another thread, and if so, point me in the right direction. I looked around a bit. Regardless, I've got stock alloy rims on my riviera and I want chrome rims, preferably the other stock 16" chrome rims, or perhaps Park Avenue chromes (or are they both the same?).

Anyway... I'm wondering if the tires that I currently have on my alloy rims could be taken off and remounted and balanced on the chromes with no problems, or if the chromes have a different width than the alloys or what. I'd love to save as much money as possible and not need to buy new tires.

Any input would be awesome, otherwise I'll just take the car to a tire place and ask them.
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:11 pm

what size are your tires?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:17 pm

225/60R
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:18 pm

all riviera rims take 225/60/16 size tires. (chrome or not)
there is a width difference between the 7 spoke and 12 spoke design rims, but it is only 1/2inch difference which doesnt make a difference in the tire size.
the 7 spokes are a generic buick rim with w riviera center cap, the 12 spokes in chrome are not easy to find, but the design is riviera specific.

Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:19 pm

ZEP wrote:
Well, this might be a question with an apparent answer on another thread, and if so, point me in the right direction. I looked around a bit. Regardless, I've got stock alloy rims on my riviera and I want chrome rims, preferably the other stock 16" chrome rims, or perhaps Park Avenue chromes (or are they both the same?).

Anyway... I'm wondering if the tires that I currently have on my alloy rims could be taken off and remounted and balanced on the chromes with no problems, or if the chromes have a different width than the alloys or what. I'd love to save as much money as possible and not need to buy new tires.

Any input would be awesome, otherwise I'll just take the car to a tire place and ask them.

YES. The tires will fit most wheels that are of a factory style.

Chicken wrote:
what size are your tires?

225/60-16
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:20 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
all riviera rims take 225/60/16 size tires. (chrome or not)
there is a width difference between the 7 spoke and 12 spoke design rims, but it is only 1/2inch difference which doesnt make a difference in the tire size.
the 7 spokes are a generic buick rim with w riviera center cap, the 12 spokes in chrome are not easy to find, but the design is riviera specific.
agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:22 pm

yep...they'll work

I have 4, 12 spoke stock chromed aluminum rims with tires that are almost new that I'll give you if you pay the freight.

they all leak air. I think this is due to corosion of the aluminum...if you clean them up real well, take a wire brush to them, they will probably hold air....

anyway...they are yours or anybody who wants them.....
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 pm

Well, I'd love to have the 12 spoke chromes but not really willing to take the risk. Thanks though. And thanks for all the replies everyone, awesome to know, I'll be getting some in the next week or so and spiff the girl up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes   Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes Empty

Back to top Go down

Tires for alloys vs tires for chromes
Page 1 of 1