Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Is there a Park Avenue website?

Go down 
+2
1995 Riv
98RIV7777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

Name : Anthony
Merit : 1

Is there a Park Avenue website? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 am

Is there a website forum like rivperformance.com or regalgs for Park Avenue owners?
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 am

Look in owners manual find fuses and relays and test. If ok there used to be a circuit breaker inside wiper motor that would protect motor. I would unplug wiper motor plug back in see if they work. Then I would lightly tap the motor case maybe it is stuck. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

98RIV7777 wrote:
Is there a website forum like rivperformance.com or regalgs for Park Avenue owners?

1995 Riv wrote:
Look in owners manual find fuses and relays and test. If ok there used to be a circuit breaker inside wiper motor that would protect motor. I would unplug wiper motor plug back in see if they work. Then I would lightly tap the motor case maybe it is stuck. Good luck

scratch AA, is this your doing?

I don't think there is but PAs are AFAIK welcome on any 3800 based board. They're most similar to the Bonneville SSEi which there are forums for (Check in the For Sale section for Oldsman's old Riv - there's a link there). Of course, it also shares similarities with the Riv and Regal. Again, forums for all of these said cars but not an actual PA forum that I know of (Check with DaltonUltra, he has a PAU and more apt to know than I).
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:53 am

No that was not AA's doing i think Don just replied to the wrong post because I made another post that he was referring to... Thanks I will try the Bonneville site.
What does AFAIK mean?
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:55 am

AFAIK = As far as I know.

They have a subforum on regalgs.org. Otherwise i don't think they have there own site.
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:41 am

Automotive forums.com I would google it. They break cars down by models.
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 9:59 am

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=105

A word of caution, don't you dare post in any thread older than 90 days or the moderator HotZ28 will jump all over you! twak

Ask me how I know. rolleyes
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 am

Sweepspear wrote:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=105

A word of caution, don't you dare post in any thread older than 90 days or the moderator HotZ28 will jump all over you! twak

Ask me how I know. rolleyes

How do you know?
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 am

[quote="TonySmooth89
How do you know?[/quote]

jump
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks guys, but I cant find answers anywhere, my wipers stoped working and I have no idea what to do, cant find a wiper relay, and dont know what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
jamie
Fanatic
jamie

Name : Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:56 pm

www.bonnevilleforum.com might be able to help yah
Back to top Go down
http://www.vancehanesautoparts.com
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 6:03 pm

95 Riv has a connector C1 terminals B and C through the gray and green wires. With the wipers set to low speed these should have 12 volts check with a test light. On firewall at wiper motor module. Motor does have a circuit breaker inside to protect motor.
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Ya Don, thats exactly what I did around 330 today yet I had to use the test light on all terminals because I did not have any wiring diagrams or anything. I had power so I knew it was not a power issue at the fuse or anything. Also there is no relay besides the ones inside the wiper motor module on the circuit board. So I ended up taking the wiper motor off of the firewall and then taking the cover off of the circuit board and sure enough it was burnt. Called advanced auto they said they did not sell the wiper motor circuit board module so I went to the Buick dealership. They said $197 for just the circuit board and $619 for the whole wiper motor. What a complete ripoff, this is just my winter beater so I was gonna go to the junk yard since this part is interchangeable from 97 to 05 on park aves. Anyways went to Advanced Auto and ordered the whole motor (which comes with the circuit board) its a remanufactured so its still an ac delco, not an after market part smile Oh ya and it comes with a lifetime warranty whereas the one at the dealer that was 12 times more only would have came with a 1year. The list was 69.99 and I paid $56.80, I love employee discounts happy And if the circuit board or the whole wiper motor ever goes on my riv I will be covered since they are the same part number smile So I guess its not that bad. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:18 pm

What a deal glad you are fixed. Too many frozen wiper blades to the window up there in the Ice cold.
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Ya I know, its freezing here. I really dont like that automotive forums website, your not able to make any specific searches, and you have to search through 80+ pages of results for each model, I just think that it really sucks how it was set up and designed
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 5:48 pm

98RIV7777 wrote:
Ya I know, its freezing here. I really dont like that automotive forums website, your not able to make any specific searches, and you have to search through 80+ pages of results for each model, I just think that it really sucks how it was set up and designed

I know what you mean.
If you are on one particular forum such as the Park Ave forum over there, and you type in a search, the results are gleaned from ALL of the different forums, not just the Park Ave. forum.
It took me a while to figure out how to narrow it all down to seach just one model's forum. But it's a hassle. crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Park Avenue website?   Is there a Park Avenue website? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a Park Avenue website?
Page 1 of 1