Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Studder on right turns on dry pavement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

Studder on right turns on dry pavement Empty
PostSubject: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Anyone ever figure this out? Annoying as hell and I'd like to get rid of it. I want a car thats perfect, despite having almost 200k miles.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 10:53 pm

I know there was a TSB for power steering hoses, do you still run the original?
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:06 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
I know there was a TSB for power steering hoses, do you still run the original?

I would imagine. I've seen several on here complain of the same issue with no real solution.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:47 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Lucas power steering oil worked on mine 154k it did take awhile for it to remove the noise though. Service Bulletin in this case is if car brought to Dealer usually under warranty this would fix it. If you have a car with 200,000 miles and just now getting a problem I don't think they mean you. Do you?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 7:35 am

1995 Riv wrote:
Lucas power steering oil worked on mine 154k it did take awhile for it to remove the noise though. Service Bulletin in this case is if car brought to Dealer usually under warranty this would fix it. If you have a car with 200,000 miles and just now getting a problem I don't think they mean you. Do you?
I would think if it would fix it when it was under warranty it would fix it with 200,000 miles on it? Unless there is another problem that is?
If nothing else is wrong with the power steering and the problem is what is described in the service bulletin and it still has the original hoses then yes I believe this could still be the problem. I’m sure GM wouldn’t just engineer a different hose assembly for the hell of it. I’m sure they did it from customer complaints, realized there was an issue and made corrections. Of course it would have been no charge under warranty but if changing the hoses changes the pressures and/or flow it could still be the problem at 200,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Point taken have you put any of these hoses on your 3 Rivs?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 9:27 pm

1995 Riv wrote:
Point taken have you put any of these hoses on your 3 Rivs?
No I haven't, the problem is very minor for the price of the hoses to me. I might buy a set and keep them just in case but it hasn't bothered me enough to worry about yet. I do get it on my '95 and SA #152 some and with the low miles they have on them I'm sure it hasn't been done. I have never noticed it on SA #10 so it could have been changed before I got it, it had 180,000 miles on it when I bought it so I really don't know any history on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studder on right turns on dry pavement   Studder on right turns on dry pavement Empty

Back to top Go down

Studder on right turns on dry pavement
Page 1 of 1