Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

a lil help needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

a lil help needed Empty
PostSubject: a lil help needed   a lil help needed EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:07 pm

so after a 4 months i finanlly got my brother's heads put back on his 96 sc riv. i followed everything to a t on torque and sequence. now my problem is the freaking thing will not start on the first hit. it takes about 4-5 cranks before it turns over, but cuts off if you dont give it any gas. i have yet to check the fuel pressure.

now the only reason i did a head job , is because when i removed the valve covers to replace the gaskets i notice that oil was caked up about .5" on both heads.there was no other mechanical issues with riv. i replaced the oil pan and gasket cause the pan was extremely crushed and the gasket was leaking. i replaced the water pump(leaking), plugs(ac delco plat), wires, pcv, fuel filter, all vaccum lines( hopefully routed correctly), both belts, both lower control arm bushings(front and rear), outer tie rods, front sawy bar links, front pads, and both front rotors. i think i got everything.

oh and my other question is when i removed the fuel injectors there was a rubber cap at the end of the injector( the part that goes into the head) do anybody knows where i can get that from? called the dealer they wanted to sale me a $75 o-ring kit and they wasn't sure if that would be in the kit or not.(no refunds on special order parts)
Back to top Go down
99prixgt
99prixgt

Name : Erik
Merit : 2

a lil help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: a lil help needed   a lil help needed EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:01 pm

you can get new fuel injector o-rings from ZZP

www.zzperformance.com
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

a lil help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: a lil help needed   a lil help needed EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:09 pm

thanks gt. i figured out what the problem was. the injector o-rings were not holding pressure. everytime the car cut off there was a puff of white smoke that came from the injectors, also it was wet at the injector. leaking fuel at 3,5,6, and 4 cyclinders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a lil help needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: a lil help needed   a lil help needed Empty

Back to top Go down

a lil help needed
Page 1 of 1