Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses

Go down 
+32
Bowersk
Garret
nebstewart07
BlownRiv
bullseye-shawn
AA
LaFlare
flyineagle96
Rickw
robotennis61
95rivy
KillaKeninaRiv
albertj
1998 Riv
Eldo
L8-2BNGO
ZEP
Mr.Riviera
captshiner
palermocorey90
1wickedninja
TonySmooth89
brmcm15
texasfan010
turtleman
Shintsu
DEMonte1997
Snowdog
ewolfe0050
97 park ave
curious riv
ghost88
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am

dark smoke like you have. The color of the lights come through great and I have never had a problem. Check out my showroom photos for a better idea... https://rivperformance.editboard.com/showroom-f3/here-is-my-ride1600mi-road-trip-accomplished-t1312-405.htm
Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
got any pics of them on?
it does look 10X better blacked out. and your corner light are nice and white, did you replace them?

I don't have any pics of them on. I could get some when I'm home next weekend. My corners are replaced, yep. The car was outside for 5 years before I bought it, tried everything and they always had a yellow tint no matter what.

Ewolfe's turn signals look perfect and seeing them inspired me to do mine.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:26 am

finally got around to doing this...
without flash
Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 P3010010

with flash
Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 P3010011

I took the time to do it right and remove the light to tint them, and it is a royal pain the the ass to remove the front bumper. rear one is easy, but i hope to God the tint never bubbles up b/c i dont want to go through removing those screws/chrome trim again.

I will take some daylight pics and some with the lights on too. they actually light up very well when on.

Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 pm

That looks really good. Will you be doing the tail lights too? I wouldn't worry about them bubbling up. Mine has gone through multiple washings without a problem. Your car looks great.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Looks very good!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 pm

it rained today so no pics yet frown

...i need to update my sig pic too it looks hideous with those distracting orange lights stealing the picture lol

Back to top Go down
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Looking good, nice job!
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 am

Looks good! I might have to get around to doing this too.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 am

do they still look orange when on or are they more red? i did mine with VHT like ZEP did and theyre really dark but have are really dark amber almost to the point of having a small bit of red. if yours look good i might have to look into this.
Back to top Go down
L8-2BNGO
Enthusiast

Name : Devin
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 pm

it looks really good, esp. when the flasher is on, one part is lit up while the other is dark.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 pm

ok, finally got around to taking some daytime pics. you will have to trust me that it is orange and not red b/c it's hard to time the camera to take the same time as the blinker, plus its light out.
i may take a video clip of it at night if anyone is that interested in how they look.

Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 P3040010

Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 P3040011

Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm

On a car that's so monochromatic, that really looks sweet.

Suggestion: Try locking the settings on the camera like we do when we're taking pics of headlight beams...
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

maybe looks nice on a black car...but on a white...
guess clear turnsignals would suit much better whit silver look turn signal bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Yeah, but black & white still go together better than black & many colors. Besides, everything that isn't white is either chrome or black: the heavy window tint (illegal in California), the tires, the rocker panels, the grill...
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:41 am

Mr.Riviera wrote:
ok, finally got around to taking some daytime pics. you will have to trust me that it is orange and not red b/c it's hard to time the camera to take the same time as the blinker, plus its light out.
i may take a video clip of it at night if anyone is that interested in how they look.

Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 P3040010

Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 P3040011

that looks sick, is there any way you could at least take a pic with the parking lights on compared to with them off if you cant catch the blinker? or if youre up for the video clip like mentioned that would be great im very interested in this.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses   Write-Up: Tinting Headlights, Turn Signals, & Tail Lenses - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:21 pm

video it is!