Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Snowdog's Riv

Go down 
+54
charlieRobinson
joshuadalegrimes
Andysdorm
97buickriviera
ghpcnm
Abaddon
bigdave
J. Chris Davis
Rosario
96rivi
97rivsc
flyineagle96
Jason
Eldo
JT Newman
Mr.Riviera
97 park ave
L67
BMD
woggy
robotennis61
jenkkijussi
ewolfe0050
99Rivman
xxsupergman25xx
curious riv
nothincame2mind
arttu80
turtleman
EatDirtFartDust
AA
R1V 1T UP
dscott2000
Shintsu
Ironclad-454
BoattailBob
Jack the R
captshiner
Sweepspear
djlorenzana
95SuperRiv
albertj
jimmyriv
TonySmooth89
ibmoses
deekster_caddy
Rickw
IBx1
SuperRiv07
T Riley
stan
Snowdog
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:56 pm

albertj wrote:
Regarding the "drives like when it had bad wires" - when I wash engine, I use compressed air and a blower nozzle to blow the water out of the wells where the spark plugs sit as well as off the wiring. A wet-dry vacuum with a blower cone should also work fine.

Albertj

i did it tho. blowed most of the water off the engine whit compressed air.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm

IFinaly figured out a way how to keep lows on when switch on hig's. this saves my hid's cos they do not need to have warmup after switchign back to lows and get more light outbut when have them bouth on.

i made some pictures and a video clip tho.
so i show how i did.
just need some wire, conectors and a reley.
1.connect one wire whit the Positive (+)
do not mix the wires up use a red color wire for that.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009u

2.take off the plug on the high beam bulb, take the cover off the wires. cut off whit a sharp knife some of the plastic cover on the positive wire(POSITIVE is allways a color, negative is BLACK). on right sides high beam is the positive wire yellow.
connect another wire whit it, after conecting seal the connection whit tape.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009001
3.pull of the right and left sides low beam plugs from the bulbs. cut off some of the positive wires cover on bouth sides and connect one wire whit them.( this ONE WIRE has to be connected whit RIGH and LEFT bulbs POSITIVE wire)
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009002e
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009003a
4.Then take another wire, good if you use black or gray. this will be the GROUND(negative (-) ) wire. connect it somewhere where you get good ground.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009005
5. after that you should have 4 wires.
Positive wire from battery (+)(RED)
Negative wire from ground(-)(BLACK)
One wire from Highbeams positive wire.
2 wires from Lowbeams (right/left)

If you did not do this before then connect right and lefts lowbeams wires whit eachother under one connector or what ever they are called in english.
but connectors on all the wires.
then you need a reley.(a siple 2 way reley whats normaly used for installign extra high beams on cars or what so ever)
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009010
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009008

6.connect the wires whit the reley.
on the reley what i used low beams are in centre, ground on left, highs on right and positive is up.

7.seal the connections whit some tape again and connect the wiresagainst the cars body so they cant move/shake.
after that when you turn on lights there will be lows on, when pull the lever the highs come on and lows stay.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 22022009006t

works for me now.
sorry about my BAD writing in english lol. hope you all get the point what i meaned.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:05 pm

heya all
today i spend some time again on car.
got all the things changed now what i had buyed.
right left inner and outer tierods.

was easy to change the outers. whit inners had problems, cos there is not much space for using any tools to open it.
changing them made the carhandle sharo again.

then changed rear brake pads. that was very easy.

then pulley. was not a hard job tho. took just some minutes.

well anyways after that day had a pile of old parts lol.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 28022009004
there is still much what i want to do. there are some areas on the engine where the oil leaks out. the AC system dos not work cos its empty. need to go refill it, guess i need to get new brake rootors on front tho. feels like they are bended. and if i change them would like to get some sloted/cross trilled rootors and stainles steel covered tubes.

talked whit uno today alot tho about the car. i decided that i will let him paint the whole car. it as scratches everywhere. will not change the color just truy to find a same bearl green. think it look nice whit this color.
some days ago found the sport muflers at a shop tho. i will buy them and start whit the exhaust building if i find someone who will sell me 3'' stainles steel pipes.

btw... dos rivs glowebox have a light inside it??
i see that there is a switch what should turn a light on when i open it?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Snowdog wrote:
albertj wrote:
Regarding the "drives like when it had bad wires" - when I wash engine, I use compressed air and a blower nozzle to blow the water out of the wells where the spark plugs sit as well as off the wiring. A wet-dry vacuum with a blower cone should also work fine.

Albertj

i did it tho. blowed most of the water off the engine whit compressed air.

I'm out of ideas; must be something else.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm

The glove box light works only when the headlights or parking lights are on. To test it pull out the headlight know 1 or 2 stops, THEN open teh glovebox door. Light should be on. If not look to see if it is broken or missing.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 12:26 am

i have opened the glowebox many times, even when engine and lights on...but newer have seen any light there. i truyed to to look inside it, but did not find a spot where the bulb is or could be. just have no idea. could anyone make somehow a picture of inside glowe box to see where the bulb should be. is it somewhere in centre? or on side?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 am

THe bulb is on the understructure of the dash, so that it lights up the glove compartmetn when open.

When I got my riv, mine did not work either and I had to hunt around there the socket and reinstall it in the holder under the dash. You will have to do that too I suspect.

I do not know that any RIvieras came *without* the glove box light. But maybe, if there was some sort of "light package" option. I don't know. I do know it took me some time to find the socket and re-install it. You have to empty the blovebox, and look and feel around for where it goes and where the fixture went.

I hope someone can post a picture if only to show that you don't really need a picture to fix this one.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 am

well last time i truyed to find it. i truyed to feel whit hand where the bulb or the socket is. then truyed to go along the wire what comes from the switch of the glowebox. well its a small problem but i just dont like anything to be broken or not working hehe..well will go to unos place and check where it is.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:44 pm

today cone to drive on SEA lol.
cos its been like 2 months from -1 to -28C
the sea as frozen. dont know how thick it is but saw a 5ton waighting tracktor driving on it.
have never driven on it befor lol. but was fun. shame the ice had like 10-30cm of snow on it. foudn out thats its hard to get the riv slide side front cos its so long. could not drive very fast...truyed 90km/h but on some places there the ice had bended a bit up lol and made the car jump.

not very fun to look i guess but its a nice time to practice anythign hehe cos not much things in what to crach the car :p