Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Snowdog's Riv

Go down 
+54
charlieRobinson
joshuadalegrimes
Andysdorm
97buickriviera
ghpcnm
Abaddon
bigdave
J. Chris Davis
Rosario
96rivi
97rivsc
flyineagle96
Jason
Eldo
JT Newman
Mr.Riviera
97 park ave
L67
BMD
woggy
robotennis61
jenkkijussi
ewolfe0050
99Rivman
xxsupergman25xx
curious riv
nothincame2mind
arttu80
turtleman
EatDirtFartDust
AA
R1V 1T UP
dscott2000
Shintsu
Ironclad-454
BoattailBob
Jack the R
captshiner
Sweepspear
djlorenzana
95SuperRiv
albertj
jimmyriv
TonySmooth89
ibmoses
deekster_caddy
Rickw
IBx1
SuperRiv07
T Riley
stan
Snowdog
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:35 pm

It's too bad it didn't fit. They make a noticeable difference in handling. IMO.
Maybe you can make / weld one to fit your your Riv or find one from a Cadilac STS. (Probably very difficult for you to find a caddy part there, huh.)
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:52 pm

yeh shame it dident fit. but can make one myself. got all the tools for it.
tomorrow i will get some heat rest paint and clean/paint my rivs brake suports
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 4:06 pm

What make were the last set of wheels you put on your Riv. Those are nice! Who makes them?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Rickw wrote:
What make were the last set of wheels you put on your Riv. Those are nice! Who makes them?

Tomason
http://www.tomason.de/tn1_presentation.php
Back to top Go down
95SuperRiv
Special

Name : Darren
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey guess im new to this RIv game but i love them already i recently got a 95 Supercharged Riv and heard about this website so i was hoping to become a member of the Riviera community happy
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 3:30 pm

okay...yesterday was a bit boored...and cos i anyways had to take off all rims to take to replace the tires on them whit winter tires...cos i will keep the STS croom ones as winter rims now...and on summer buy 18'' rims....or.....maybe buy those from uno what i have under atm.

well...started 2 clean the calibers...or are they called brake suports?
was a bit lazzy...wouyld have been better to remove them tottaly (take off the brake line hose and so on)
but cos i dident have any extra DOT brake fluid....then i just opened them/cleaned/ oilded moving parts...and painted silver.
don't like red...like some ppl do...
FRONT befor...
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 03112008001wy7
....and after
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 03112008003mz0

REAR befor...
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 03112008005qc4
...and after(sorry was so quick and butted allready rim on lol)
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb030104uy2

today when got home cone out for a spinn....love how it accelarates, turns, stops whit the 245wide tires....but....dang...how wide should the tires be! so they wount start 2 burn when i accelarate? truyed today to make a video when accelarate..but...everytime...i did it...just....smelled of ruber! the tires are brand new... but seems the car as just to much power lol..

Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb040115cn3

Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb040114tv7
Back to top Go down
djlorenzana
djlorenzana

Name : Diego
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 pm

welcome to the club....
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 am

hey hey
havent had much time to spend time whit riv.
still waiting for the wood trim kit what i ordered from US.
yesterday the hid kit arrived from japan. was so exaitent to but it on lol.
but...sadly....one bulb was broken frown
and saw that the toll had opened the box befor me.
not sure if they broke it or something..
but i know the qvality of the seller where i buyed it is good.
installed some Bixenons last year on my mazda and they still work perfectly.
i know that they test the bulbs and ballast tho befor they send them out.
anyways leted them know i had a broken bulb and they sended me a new one.
So today i just truyed on and did some pictures.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb140124yl9
STOCK 9006 BULB
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb150065em4
HID 9006 bulb whit colour temperature 6000k

HID vs STOCK
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb150062es2
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb150064db1

oh did some recovering whit muffler tips tho.
cleaned them and painted whit a heatrest paint.
looks good as new or maybe even better.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb090112sk5
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb090110xp8

today cone to one shop called motonet where buyed some suplyes for uno cos hes working again on a car.
anyways...found there nice sport exhaust mufflers and had a idea...
i thin'k i will buy them next year in januar.
get 2 of those:
don't know which of them...the ones what are black or just clean stainless steel
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 136318oq0
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 136307rw9

will cut the bumper then from there where its darker.
make incut's and fit the mufflers there. i don't relly like when they hang under the rear bumper make it look...well...'weard'
when mufflers fited there will owerpaint the rear and front bumper onetone. that will make the car look bigger;)
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 am

Timo,
Your car looks great.
I like the HID headlights, might have to do that myself. Thanks for taking the pics.
Too bad one was broken, but it allowed you to show just how much difference the HID makes.
I like the idea you have for the mufflers, cant wait to see how the cutting and painting turns out.
If your going to hide the mufflers by tucking them up and only exposing the tips, I guess you could save some money and go with the black ones.
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
Rick
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Today finaly the dash trimm kit arrived.
Was so exaited to see how it look on my riv happy
well i looked other rivs here on foorum what had those kits on.
dident relly like when the trimm was on and still could see some dash color on edges. So i decided to pait mine black befor i buted the trimm on.

I buyed the Japanese Cherry
cos teh riv had allready as stock some japanese cherry trimms but they where more brown. but anyways looked nice together.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180084am0
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180086ch3
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180087vs6
well seems i was to quick hehe...sorry i did not make any pictures when i buted them on but anyways here it is how it looks in the car!
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180090vg4
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180096rj7
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180097ok1
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb180100nv2
took me 3h i guess to assamble the dashboard and centre concol. clean and paint them...finaly but the trim on and bit the interjor together.
tomorrow will add the last 3 peaces.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Looks great. What company did you buy the trim from?
I wish you lived a little closer, I would pay you to do my car!!!
Rick
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:26 pm

happy well would be a plesure to make a car into a CAR smile
i buyed from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUICK-RIVIERA-95-1995-DASH-TRIM-KIT-DASHBOARD-STYLING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370090469320QQitemZ370090469320
Rickw wrote:
Looks great. What company did you buy the trim from?
I wish you lived a little closer, I would pay you to do my car!!!
Rick
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:08 pm

I love those dash kits! I've got to save up for a set!
I have looked at them online. Whiat color did you go with? Looks like one of the burled finishes.
Do they just apply over the top of the existing dash panels then? I guess I was always under the impression that they completely replaced the factory panels.

What is that gauge you have installed on the left in place of one of the vents?
Great place for a gauge.

cheers
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 pm

Lookin good snowdog!
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:37 pm

BOOST gauge! happy
it as 7 changeble back light colours.

the trimm 'colour' is...japanese cherry wood.
well u need 2 warm the peaces up 1st whir a hair dryer or anything.
only then they will bend more and take the shape.

Sweepspear wrote:
I love those dash kits! I've got to save up for a set!
I have looked at them online. Whiat color did you go with? Looks like one of the burled finishes.
Do they just apply over the top of the existing dash panels then? I guess I was always under the impression that they completely replaced the factory panels.

What is that gauge you have installed on the left in place of one of the vents?
Great place for a gauge.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 6:54 am

Finaly the replacement bulb arrived whit SNOW happy
buted them on now. and they work perfectly. yesterday drived alot in dark and the diference whit stock ones are just HUGE!
and if the snow is on ground they work even better.
but have one problem whit rivs lights.... i do not understand WHY riv's lights are made so...when u swich to high beams the low beams shut down! it's just pointless...would be better to have low beams workign same time whit highs to have more light. it's bad for xenons...to drive whit high beams long and then swich to low beams...the xenon's start up takes a bit time till they show the maximum light.
so...i decided i change it...make it so that when swich to high beam's then low beams stay on. other car's what i have seen they all work so that low beams stay on.
so...to make the change faster then...dos anyone know where the light reley is? under the back seat?
well i'm going to find it out today anyways.
will go and truy to make it work now.
here some pictures tho of hid and SNOW..
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb210085qp5
Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Pb210086ky5
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 8:29 am

Looks like you are following in Uno's footsteps. Good Work!

I like your idea about making all of the headlights burn at the same time.

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 pm

There is a lighting control module above the pedals. You'll need to do some fancy work with double-throw lighting relays to do what you want. Not overly complicated, but it'll probably take at least four relays to make it all work.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:08 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
There is a lighting control module above the pedals. You'll need to do some fancy work with double-throw lighting relays to do what you want. Not overly complicated, but it'll probably take at least four relays to make it all work.

it's strange...it works if you pull the light lever back a bit. and hold it there...
then the low beams stay on and high beams tho.
but then u pull it more back...so that u hear the CLICK then the highs stay on and low's go off....weard that it works so when hold the lever back. in the 'flaching' position
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:16 pm

The turn signal stalk controls low-current lighting that tells one of th Riv's computers (I think it's the MALL or the BCM - don't remember) to change the lighting.

I think that not having high and low on at the same time contros the temperature of the headlight housing (as equipped with Halogen lights).

I am not certain that having the high and low beams on at the same time confers any advantage, except that many drivers would find the combination helpful on country roads on which is it important to see the road far ahead and reflections from eyes of animals that appear suddenly by side of road nearby. For instance.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:08 pm

albertj wrote:
The turn signal stalk controls low-current lighting that tells one of th Riv's computers (I think it's the MALL or the BCM - don't remember) to change the lighting.

I think that not having high and low on at the same time contros the temperature of the headlight housing (as equipped with Halogen lights).

I am not certain that having the high and low beams on at the same time confers any advantage, except that many drivers would find the combination helpful on country roads on which is it important to see the road far ahead and reflections from eyes of animals that appear suddenly by side of road nearby. For instance.

Albertj

well yes...i'm not doing it for 'fun'....i'm doing it for safety.
here in fin and in est. on winter time is dark from 4:30pm till 9:30am
some rods are not so busy...have to drive many miles till some car comes at till u need to change on low beams to pass him.
i want to save the xenons on my low beams. as i sayd..if i swich on high beams the low beams xenons will shut down. and when i drive long time till i have to swich back to lows..it will take time for xenons to light up on maximum. the gaas inside the bulbs needs to warm up to the right temperature to give the best light..takes time like 8-15sec
and becose xenons have lower working temperature the lights wont ower heat.
Maybe i will make a video to show you how it is to drive at night here..and how the lights work.
that's why i need to make them work so as i told
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:11 pm

You could do this pretty easily with a relay that gives power to the lows whenever the highs are on. It would mean the lows are always on, but that sounds like what you need.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Name : Andrew
Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:14 pm

My Malibu does the same thing as the Riv does when you turn on the high's, the lows turn off. It'd be awesome to get a write-up on here on how to switch them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 3:25 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
You could do this pretty easily with a relay that gives power to the lows whenever the highs are on. It would mean the lows are always on, but that sounds like what you need.

well yes...i could just...but a relley on..and everytime i turn the cars electricity when i turn the ignision key they would light up...but..it dos not work so...cos the hid's need a good startup power...and the battery is to far away...they wont light up....the light up allways when the engine runs. uhhh just...walking in circles..need to think for a while...could anyone find a headlight wiring diagram pleace? that would help me alot and save many hauers.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Timo,
I have the factory manuals with the wiring diagram, but I don't know how to post it. My scanner isn't working. Can anyone else help out. It's in Volume 1 on Page 8-18 thru 8-21 at least it is in my 1998 book.
Timo, I could fax these pages to you if you have a fax machine. If so, give me the number with international code, if you know it and I'll send it over.
Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowdog's Riv
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: