Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Snowdog's Riv

Go down 
+54
charlieRobinson
joshuadalegrimes
Andysdorm
97buickriviera
ghpcnm
Abaddon
bigdave
J. Chris Davis
Rosario
96rivi
97rivsc
flyineagle96
Jason
Eldo
JT Newman
Mr.Riviera
97 park ave
L67
BMD
woggy
robotennis61
jenkkijussi
ewolfe0050
99Rivman
xxsupergman25xx
curious riv
nothincame2mind
arttu80
turtleman
EatDirtFartDust
AA
R1V 1T UP
dscott2000
Shintsu
Ironclad-454
BoattailBob
Jack the R
captshiner
Sweepspear
djlorenzana
95SuperRiv
albertj
jimmyriv
TonySmooth89
ibmoses
deekster_caddy
Rickw
IBx1
SuperRiv07
T Riley
stan
Snowdog
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:06 pm

ooo, very nice

Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:28 pm

That is very impressive repair on the dash. bow

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Welcome!

To answer some of your questions , yes the Series 1 has a louder supercharger , mostly because it has a smaller pulley on it so it spins faster. It has to spin faster to make the same boost since its smaller.

Also , if you want performance parts , check out www.zzperformance.com as i know they ship to australia and canada , so they might ship anywhere internationally.

As for the ABS and traction control light , check your ignition wires from the coil to the plugs . For some reason bad wires can set the traction control off. Not sure why but check it out.
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 am

Rickw wrote:
Very nice work on the dashboard. Look forward to seeing you do the rest of the interior. It looks likes like you have a good shop to work in and some experience doing this work.
Nice job! Please keep us posted on your progress and thanks for sharing.
agree
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:59 pm

Next time you pull out the carpet for a thorough cleaning (a shampooing) consider using a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to remove as much water as you can. A floor nozzle or crevice nozzle (that concentrates teh vacuum in a thin line) will work best for the water removal. Then if it is not too humid where you live it should only take 1/2 day to 1 day to dry.

VERY nice job with the soloplastic on the dashboard. In the US a good brand of vinyl for this purpose is Naugahyde, which has UV inhibitors and plasticisers for just this type of thing, and comes in somewhat different thicknesses. See http://www.naugahyde.com. IF you want to buy some a good source is http://www.fabricsbyous.com/naugahyde/naugahyde.htm. And sometimes JoAnn Fabrics will have remnants of the stuff. Just flip it over, if it's Naugahyde it will have the trademark printed on the fabric backing.

And if you buy a Nauga let me know.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 am

TonySmooth89 wrote:
Welcome!

To answer some of your questions , yes the Series 1 has a louder supercharger , mostly because it has a smaller pulley on it so it spins faster. It has to spin faster to make the same boost since its smaller.

Also , if you want performance parts , check out www.zzperformance.com as i know they ship to australia and canada , so they might ship anywhere internationally.

As for the ABS and traction control light , check your ignition wires from the coil to the plugs . For some reason bad wires can set the traction control off. Not sure why but check it out.

Ok I got A Question? How do you check the ignition wires to see if they are bad caus emy abs and traction lite are on
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 11:39 am

Hello again
Been a bit stuck lately,
can't but the dachboard together cos climacontroll panel dosen't seem to work. some wires brokein inside it and light bulbs have burned out to, Leted my dad truy to change it but atm seems he messed it up cos diden't have right tools for that kind of work....maybe still can get it to work but will take time but instead of waistign time and leting the buick stay in garage would better want to drive whit it....so IF ANYONE AS CLIMACONTROLL PANEL FOR SELL I WOULD BE INTERESTED. would be a BIG help. been truying to find it from local places (in fin and est) but dident had luck so far frown
I have seen on pictures that Riv's have 2 diferent clima controll panels?
mine looks like so
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Ddddhw6

one more question.....what thingy is that??
somekind garage opening buttone? hehe
well if i press on one of those 3 then the red light goes on.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 12102008002du2
dident get user manual whit my car...but would be nice to get one someday.

some updates to sofar on car...
aded a Boost gauge.
what as 7 diferent colors. but that wasent my point why i buyed it. one colour (green) was exactly same colour as on the other gauges and it fits there very nicely. was anoying work to but it here but thank god it's done now.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 19102008003gr4
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 W320
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 19102008004su2
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 W320

then have buted back the cars carpet, installed a SUB in trunk then buted rear speekers, made a new grounw wire what should be way better then the old one (that the russian had installed in it long ago of somekind......well i actualy have no idea where he even got it...oh well here is one picture...of teh old one and new. guess he changed it cos he couldent buy a USA battery (euro and usa one's connections are diferent).
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 16102008ly8
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 W800

you can repear a LADA whit anykind of wire what u find but not a CAR.
okay i better go back to work and change the A-pilars cover for a new one and truy 2 fix the climanotroll panel what my dad messed up. but still im interested of buying one.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 2:19 pm

The "thingy" is a Homelink. It "learns" the code of your garage door opener (standard or rolling code scheme) and then will open the door for you. If you have remote controlled lights, gates, or other such things the Homelink can be 'trained' to open/activate them. For lighting you can buy Homelink interfaces to thngs like a wall switch or a lamp switch. See http://www.homelink.com.

And Ed Morad has the HVAC control panels for less than $50 US.

Search for HVAC on this baord to see instructions for fixing the lights, it's pretty simple.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:52 pm

Had enaf of fixing atm so i buted quickly the car together....and cone cruising.... lerned that i have to be carefull whit the accelaration pedal...cos runs like a crazy horse! hehe
anyways cruised beside sea here in Finland and did some pictures....
was a beatyfull sunny WINDY day

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa230072xr8

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa230067vh4

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa230060xv6

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa230059lw7

Next month plans:
*fixed the old digital climate controll but im not sure how long it will work so i have to buy new/used digital climate controll
*installing HidXenon kit on low beam whit 6000k bulbs
*geting Japanese cherry wood dash trim kit
*need to change front left inner ball joint or how ever its called
(the one what comes out from the power stearing box)

and maybe...
*will make an new rostfree exhaust 3'' pipe from downpipe till end
*tint rear and rear side windows 20%
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:33 pm

if you look on the US eBay (www.ebay.com) for ED MORAD you should find Ed. I am certain Ed has more than one climate control for your model Riviera no problem. I bought one from him some months ago, it worked fine. A couple of the lights were burned out - but you can buy the light bulbs on eBay also, search for HVAC on this editboard and you will find instructions for the light bulb replacement as well as part numbers.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Also, try www.moradpartscompany.com
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 3:08 pm

albertj wrote:
if you look on the US eBay (www.ebay.com) for ED MORAD you should find Ed. I am certain Ed has more than one climate control for your model Riviera no problem. I bought one from him some months ago, it worked fine. A couple of the lights were burned out - but you can buy the light bulbs on eBay also, search for HVAC on this editboard and you will find instructions for the light bulb replacement as well as part numbers.

Albertj

Thank you

The buying in ebay isent the problem.
also i have found some and found out that park avenue and le sebring use the same digital climate controll panel as riviera's.
But the main problem seems to be Shiping frown
i have sended mails to many ebay sellers but they are not replyed...asked if they could ship it to Europe - Finland.
They mainly sell only to US and Canada.
Just have to keep looking.
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:38 am

Very good looking car, I bet you get a lot of compliments........... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 1:06 pm

jimmyriv wrote:
Very good looking car, I bet you get a lot of compliments........... thumbsup

Thank you

Funny...but yes its true happy
everytime when have stoped somewhere...cone to shop or something
then some ppl looking it and walkign araund it...some even asked questions like....what car is it?happy...and is it expencive? what engine it as and so on hehe
it's very rare in europe.
i'm happy to own one of the elegant cars ever made.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Oh!

Part of the problem is probably the Customs clearance. Not so many people are familiar with that - also for some buseinsses they do not want to worry about 'export control' issues and such.

Had not thought of that issue...

I need to think about this one.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:16 pm

I noticed on Pay-Pal that they indicate they can handle all Custom's issues for shipping internationally.
All Timo needs to do is open a paypal account and it should help getting parts and other products to him.
Just need to educate the vendors that paypal offers this service. I believe they can calculate shipping costs before shipping. I'm not 100% sure but it's worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Rickw wrote:
I noticed on Pay-Pal that they indicate they can handle all Custom's issues for shipping internationally.
All Timo needs to do is open a paypal account and it should help getting parts and other products to him.
Just need to educate the vendors that paypal offers this service. I believe they can calculate shipping costs before shipping. I'm not 100% sure but it's worth looking into.

i have a Pay-Pal accont and have buyed things from ebay whit it befor like Hid xenon convertion kit.
it's not the baying what seems to be the problem. just the sellers dont want to have the trobble whit sending the item to out of us? they think it may get lost or just annoying or anything? and they will be responcible for it that the item gets to me. Maybe they just dont trust?
well as an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REBUILT-95-99-BUICK-PARK-AVENUE-DIGITAL-CLIMATE-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ280271002772QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280271002772&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

he sells the digital climate controll what i need. i have the monney and the ways to bay visa or pay-pal. but he just dosent sell it international.

anyways smile i found one seller who sells worldwide.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m29&item=190260016685&category=33545null&viewitem=
Just listing things up now and will buy all the things on next weakend.
Climate controll, one stock rim centre cap, hid convertion kit, wood dash kit and some other things through net from US smile

Thanks all for helping!
if still find out anythign on my car broken what i cant get from here or find myself then will ask happy

btw
did some pictures of interjor
i was thinking of geting the japanese cherry wood dash kit cos the trim araund the radio/climate controll and araund the sifter seem to be close the wood structure?
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa240061nf5

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa240058ff2
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa240059sa7

or maybe somone thinks i chould choos somethign else? what suits better?

Last edited by Snowdog on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 4:46 pm

I just logged on to www.paypal.com/us and under the heading "Product and Services" there is a section Ship Internationallywith PayPal provided customs forms. This should make it very easy for seller to sell and ship internationally.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 6:14 pm

Where did you get the steering wheel cover?
Or did it come with the car. I would like to get one. You have the same interior color as my car. I've been wondering whether a wood dash kit would look good or not and I don't know about the Japanese cherry wood, it sounds nice, but I don't know what it looks like.
Also, how did you light up the buttons on the steering wheel?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 1:29 am

Oh well just found that cover in a shop called Hong Kong .
The steering wheel buttons normaly dont light? well i have no idea if they do or not. Have been owning it less then a month and i have never seen user manual or even that car on somone else. So i dont know whats normal on it and whats not happy....found out that my car has even doorhandle lights what normali rivs dont have.

the Japanees cherry wood looks like on the steering wheel.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Buickriviera95jcwqq7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUICK-RIVIERA-95-1995-DASH-TRIM-KIT-DASHBOARD-STYLING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem370090469320QQitemZ370090469320
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 9:49 am

If the dash kit looks like what's on your steering wheel then I think it would look very good. Classy looking.
Providing the Kit is good quality. I have read some stories here about other people having problems with certain makers of these kits.
Do a search on this site, if you haven't already, on dash kits and read what others have gone through in trying to install and the quality of the wood that they received.
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 3:32 pm

I like that steering wheel cover you got there

Snowdog wrote:
Rickw wrote:

i have a Pay-Pal accont and have buyed things from ebay whit it befor like Hid xenon convertion kit.
it's not the baying what seems to be the problem. just the sellers dont want to have the trobble whit sending the item to out of us? they think it may get lost or just annoying or anything? and they will be responcible for it that the item gets to me. Maybe they just dont trust?
well as an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REBUILT-95-99-BUICK-PARK-AVENUE-DIGITAL-CLIMATE-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ280271002772QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280271002772&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

he sells the digital climate controll what i need. i have the monney and the ways to bay visa or pay-pal. but he just dosent sell it international.

anyways smile i found one seller who sells worldwide.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m29&item=190260016685&category=33545null&viewitem=
Just listing things up now and will buy all the things on next weakend.
Climate controll, one stock rim centre cap, hid convertion kit, wood dash kit and some other things through net from US smile

Thanks all for helping!
if still find out anythign on my car broken what i cant get from here or find myself then will ask happy

btw
did some pictures of interjor
i was thinking of geting the japanese cherry wood dash kit cos the trim araund the radio/climate controll and araund the sifter seem to be close the wood structure?
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa240061nf5

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa240058ff2
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa240059sa7

or maybe somone thinks i chould choos somethign else? what suits better?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 5:08 pm

I wonder if that steering wheel cover is available somewhere in the US.
Does anybody know where to get one from?
BTW, you did a great job on the interior Timo. Compared to the pictures you posted with the interior gutted, it sure looks good now.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

PostSubject: RIMS   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Winter as started ower here....sometimes -2C ( 28,4 F) and rod's slippery....had some drifting tho today whit my riv....whit summer tires....was scary! lol

anyway today had to change my dad's wife car's tires for winter ones. so i had a chance to truy diferent rim's on my riv to see how they look.

the STS ones i had on my car when i buyed it.
they look nice there i guess. tomorrow will takae summer tires off them and from the original riv rims take the winter tires and but them on the STS. will keep the sts'es atm as winter rims. good time to start fixing the stock ones (sand blast, acid paint them whit a paint what burns on alluminium so it wount come off, then paint them a bit lighter silver smile )

STS whit 16'' 215/65tires...
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020062lg1
some 17'' whit 225/45tires
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020065jg4
Thompson 18'' 245/35
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020070au1

i think those look VERY nice happy
make it look sporti!
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020072dg6

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020075wn5

the stock ones need some care.
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020083dn6

my dad did some rim fixing today. sandblasted them, acid painted...and cover painted white/black
he will use them as winter rim's on he's SSEi
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020082ik8

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020061tj8

Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020081eg8

did some pictures of the 3 diferent V6 3800engines what whe have on those cars. actualy whe have all 4 of them smile
the series 1 v6 3800 on a bonneville. the car is for parts.
the series 1 v6 3800 supercharged bonneville what is my fathers car
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020093gp8
the series 2 V6 3800 on bonneville what is my fathers wifes car
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pb020089qm1
the series 2 V6 3800 supercharged on my riv
Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Pa110046xp9

okay guess that's enaf of pictures... don't want anyone to get angry if ther pc craches.
just got a idea when was looking those engines..will go take off the sturbar from the bonny what whe have as parts and truy if it fits on my riv
shame...was to short
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Those bonneville rims came out awesome! I like the white on black look on those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowdog's Riv   Snowdog's Riv - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowdog's Riv
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: