Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification

Go down 
+48
playa
Derek
Ash
97 park ave
crlombardi69
stan
Abaddon
brians74x
Blown_99_Riviera
turtleman
ZEP
#1BearsFan
L67
GMFreak8
ghost88
DEMonte1997
nigelf
blackbart95
jimmyriv
Eldo
The Riv
captshiner
patillac
Steve98
Lucas
Jason
albertj
BMD
Boattail Bill
deekster_caddy
woggy
Z-type
ewolfe0050
97rivsc
AA
ibmoses
Snowdog
IBx1
palermocorey90
T Riley
sburch23
Jack the R
99Rivman
robotennis61
Rickw
sqrivi
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:23 am

hows the bumpers comin sqrivi?
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:24 am

sburch23 wrote:
I thought about having a short fluorescent bulb put under the ledge when my stereo was being installed. It would solve the problem with the lid light not lighting up the area in the back of the trunk. The higher up the trunk lid, the less of the trunk that gets illuminated.

10-4 that... I couldn't understand why they switched from a tilt-switch-socket for the trunk light, to a lever-switch on the lock, and then put the damned light right next to the lock! suspect

Within the first few months I had the car, along with all the other electrical "faux pax's" that I noted in my signature, I attacked that black hole of a trunk... I bought another factory trunk light unit, ran a wire back down from the switch through the loom, and mounted it in a roughly rectangular space in the body beneath the left side of the rear window. So, I have upper-right-rear light, and lower-left-forward light...

I admire your persistence in redesigning the trunk lock. Just don't put the 'emergency' trunk release in the fuel door compartment. The dummies "designed" the damn thing so that anyone with an ATM card can pop it right open. I guess they didn't understand ovals... dunce
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

Name : scott
Merit : 52

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 am

The bumpers are coming along. I think the molds will be started this week. Then It is time for color. yay

I will try to post some pics this week.
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:20 pm

Great. We are starting to suffer from withdrawal.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 pm

i hear ya sbchurch..i began experiencing delirium tremens...
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Primer will be sprayed on the bumper tomorrow........ yay
Then the molds and then paint. I am kind of understating the work left to be done, but things progressing and the car will be done soon. Well the outside of the car will be done soon.

Anyway here is the latest.....

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper004

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper005

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper006

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper012

Nice fit to the headlights and the grill.

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper011

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper009

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper010

Two brackets were made to better secure the bumper.

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper013

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper014

More to come cool
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 pm

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Newfrontbumper010

Looks Italian!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Thats F....n great man!looks just right. love the tabs..great idea!
Back to top Go down
woggy
Enthusiast
woggy

Name : Paul
Location : Altoona, Florida (Somewhere in the ocala national forest)
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 am

you should add a "thick chrome grill" man that would look sweet!
nice work.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:18 pm

IBx1 wrote:

Looks Italian!

whats that suppose to mean, please feel free to elaborate. I'm dieing to hear this !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:55 pm

palermocorey90 wrote:
IBx1 wrote:

Looks Italian!

whats that suppose to mean, please feel free to elaborate. I'm dieing to hear this !

He's saying it looks gay!

oh HI Corey! hi

jk.. razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:29 am

I'm saying it looks Italian-styled, like a Miura or something.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 am

i guess i can see elements of the miura?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:27 am

robotennis61 wrote:
I can't. Miura's are slow.. And a horrible name for a car wink
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:14 am

It's your car, Scott, you're just makin it yours. I really liked my dark green '96'. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:17 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:

You realize a Miura and Miata are two different cars, right? Cause there's no way 360 hp in a 2800 lb car = slow.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Jack the R wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:

You realize a Miura and Miata are two different cars, right? Cause there's no way 360 hp in a 2800 lb car = slow.

I am just messing with Corey!.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:01 pm

he is saying that because thats what were naming my daughter when i have one

Last edited by palermocorey90 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 am

i got first dibs when sqrivis bumper goes into production
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:14 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
Jack the R wrote:
98riviera98 wrote:
robotennis61 wrote:

I am just messing with Corey!.

Oh - lol
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:09 am

how are things coming along sqrivi?
signed : anxious in vegas
Back to top Go down
sqrivi
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Ok guys sorry for the delay. I have been out of town and haven't talked to Tommy in a couple of weeks. Here are some updated pics on the molds. Also here is the emil address for Tommy, if anyone is curious about having some bumpers made. Just give him a shout.

tommorrison@mchsi.com

Here is the progress on the mold for the rear bumper.....

This will be a three piece mold. Here is the middle section with dividers and gellcoat, ready for the fiberglass.
paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold001

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold002

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold003

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold004

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold005

Laying the glass....

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold006

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold007

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold008

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold009

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold010

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold011

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold012

Glass has cured now for the sides of the mold.

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold013

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold014

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold015

Now for some gelcoat.

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold016

paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Bumpermold018

More to come.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:43 pm

looks really nice! but whats a three piece mean?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification   paint  body work - Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Front & Rear Bumper Modification
Page 10 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next