Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv

Go down 
+139
Calvin90
Rivieraz
R1V 1T UP
MaxLegroom
carguy8888
nickwon
DeepFrozen
albertj
Lmck3
ubushaus
XCELLR8
jbird
Animator
Yoss
ZEP
98riv
jayeli
ironclyde
h20man
Johnny5
llamalor2112
96_Juggernaut
al_roethlisberger
chitown_riv98
joshuadalegrimes
69GSColorado
Sir Psycho Sexy
Rivillac
th3fr4nchi5e
Z-type
charlieRobinson
bigdave
matt270avian
makemann1
LT1Squirrel
highwaywarrior
Rogerh11
The Roadmaster
LARRY70GS
Ultra16
Ron's Rocket Riv
Jason
gmann3001
denim
rivparadise
BigRay1125
Riv95SC
wee-one
ghpcnm
BlownRiv
Eldo
crlombardi69
EatDirtFartDust
Cmurphy
Bowersk
flyineagle96
J. Chris Davis
Abaddon
Fastbuick95
BMD
madrivage
envus87
stan
Tank
krazyfish
DEMonte1997
Hometown Hero
TheAviator
robotennis61
sburch23
No-Lift
parrot5254
charged95riv
manofmany
L67
97 park ave
StrictlyBusiness
sqrivi
97rivsc
patillac
EASHER
1wickedninja
curious riv
captshiner
Snowdog
Rickw
SuperRiv07
jamie
KillaKeninaRiv
riviera2454
deekster_caddy
Chicken
SamsSC
Supercharged
Steve98
ewolfe0050
Shintsu
Joey98riv
IBx1
ibmoses
texasfan010
mr.19982tone
palermocorey90
TonySmooth89
97Riv-Jon
Buapo
Archangel
Ridin-Rivi
oldsman105
mcgusto82
TradeMark
Natesriv
97rivman
RivMan
54_nailhead
Rivster
Rebekahssm
T Riley
¤DoughBoy¤
SpaceBar
mayfair4life187
dreww
Jack the R
1998 Riv
RhinoFLA
AA
jimmyriv
bumpyknucks
99Rivman
jax95riv
SoCal Riv
turtleman
gosloriv
Blowin95
Mr.Riviera
racinfan
xxsupergman25xx
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

New wheels for 95 Triple black??
Yes
FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 Vote_lcap33%FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No
FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 Vote_lcap67%FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:11 pm

56 isn't bad at all, and they look good! Thanks for the info on the performance.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:54 pm

I see them, but it's not really clear on what I'd need to buy or anything. I'm sure that's like $50 for each one which is gonna make these wheels $450 total. Screw that, I'm not spending that much. I guess I'll just wait until I'm filthy rich enough to buy them (In other words, I'll probably have a new car by that time...). I don't see how you people blow all this money on stupid ass wheels like it's nothing. Spending $1,000+ for wheels is an outrage to me and I'm not that stupid.

Thanks for the help guys, helped me determine I'm never putting custom rims on this car. I still might buy the rims from a newer Buick and use those. Big ass rims just add more weight to your car which will slow it down and I certainly don't want that.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:21 pm

I don't have big rims (yet), and I certainly wouldn't use spacers if I did. I don't think it's stupid to spend that money if you can afford too. Most everything enjoyable in life is stupid and better not done if you think about it. But if you strip it all out you won't have much to live for. Then you'll get heart disease and die young. And no one will like you because you'll be boring.

These rims didn't work out for you, but it doesn't mean there aren't others out there that will. Research is your friend.
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Shintsu wrote:
I see them, but it's not really clear on what I'd need to buy or anything. I'm sure that's like $50 for each one which is gonna make these wheels $450 total. Screw that, I'm not spending that much. I guess I'll just wait until I'm filthy rich enough to buy them (In other words, I'll probably have a new car by that time...). I don't see how you people blow all this money on stupid ass wheels like it's nothing. Spending $1,000+ for wheels is an outrage to me and I'm not that stupid.

Thanks for the help guys, helped me determine I'm never putting custom rims on this car. I still might buy the rims from a newer Buick and use those. Big ass rims just add more weight to your car which will slow it down and I certainly don't want that.

It cost me $375.00 per wheel on my new rims and tires, including freight....If I was to go OEM with center plate and tire it would of been $396.00 ea.....not including freight...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Cause his rims wore out and wouldn't hold air no more wink In case you're wondering.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm saying, if I am gonna spend money on my car I'd rather it go under the hood or towards an entirely new paint job. I just can't fathom how anyone spends such amounts of money on cars. Even so, I'm probably just dreaming I probably won't do anything to my car except maybe buy my missing center caps. I don't even feel like it's worth it, I have a '96 which is apparently almost as weird as a '95. If I had a '97 or newer I'd be set, good transmission, better rotors, less work altogether and a better car.

But I don't. This is why I'd almost just like to find a GTP or PAU. But then I'm right back to my car is worthless to everyone else and their car's worth a lot. Jeez, I'd be happy to get a '97 GTP or PAU with like the same miles as my car. Never happen, I'll be stuck with my car until it just blows up. Then it'll really be worth nothing, but I suppose then I have justification for buying another car.
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 pm

I'm not interested in new cars until someone figures out what fuel source we'll be using in the future....My car has been paid off for 5 years now and I'd rather invest $15,0000 in that then a new car that might be obsolete in five to 10 years....

BTW...I have 4,12 spoke chrome OEM wheels that I'll sell you really cheap....
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 11:03 pm

*just saw jack's post....shakes fist at jack*
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:05 am

oh just today i found some nice 18 inch rims i like but they are on an oldsmobile alero i looked at the capatability chart but i dont no a whole lot about rims. will the fit on a 96 riv?
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:15 am

will rims that were on a alero fit my riv though?
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 am

see these are the rims i like, but like i said they are coming off an oldsmobile alero and im not sure if they will fit or not . I just need your help and i would like to know you opinions of these rims on a diamond white riv.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/car/708110109.html
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 7:44 am

Those rims look decent. Will they fit???? Try Googling "Alero rim size". We have a 5 x 115 bolt pattern, and the offset is important too, think ours is like 45 or so?
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 7:48 am

Checked some out on tirerack.com for the Alero, and they show them as 5 x 115 BP and 40mm offset. SOUNDS like they would work.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:27 pm

This chart shows the Riv and Alero with the same bolt pattern.
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

Name : Eric
Merit : 27

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:49 pm

texasfan010- I like the look in your sig. Black out the rear tailights, tint the windows and put these on... they'd look good on a white Riv

Image hosted by servimg.com

I ran these on my Riv before I went with lighter ones... In fact- I'll sell them to you if you want...cheap (need to make room in the garage) No road rash, only about 5kmi on them. Let me know if you have an interest...
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:03 pm

i like those, what size are they and how much do you want for them?
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:36 pm

20" x 8.5" (or 9" can't remember) 44mm back spacing, correct bolt pattern. I ran Falken 255/35ZR20 which has great grip (in rain too) and very good tread wear. PM me about price if interested.

Here is a couple photos of them on my car...
Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Here is a video of them in motion...not my car obviously

Back to top Go down
ewolfe0050
Aficionado
ewolfe0050

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 3:32 pm

aw..Corey- if texasfan010 doesn't want them you are more than welcome to shoot me an offer... I love they way they look but I can't fit anything more in my garage!

In fact look for a garage sale add after this weekend- I might have some stuff that may interest you. I would much rather give someone on the board a good deal on parts than selling it to someone I dont know.
Back to top Go down
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:34 pm

i dont no if i really want to go that big. i wnt either 17 or 18s if possible. Is there anyone else that may have rims for sale.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 pm

go big man. i went big, well with my engine for now(same size MORE power)

ewolfe0050 wrote:
aw..Corey- if texasfan010 doesn't want them you are more than welcome to shoot me an offer... I love they way they look but I can't fit anything more in my garage!

In fact look for a garage sale add after this weekend- I might have some stuff that may interest you. I would much rather give someone on the board a good deal on parts than selling it to someone I dont know.

if its a Intense MPS please dont tell me. i need to get my car on the road. so please dont tease me cry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 am

No my city is way too rough for such large rims im looking for 18s that would be almost perfect, it wouldnt affect the ride very much and its big enough to give it a good look. If anyone has rims for sale tell me whether they are 18s or not i would still like to know.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: White wheels   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 3:13 pm

I saw an ad on Craigslist for white wheels and that made me think of a white Honda Prelude we had with white wheels. It looked phenomenal with those rims! I had never considered white wheels as a choice - does anyone have a white Riv with white wheels on it? Otherwise, could someone photoshop some random white wheels onto a white Riv? Just curious if this would look good or not, I know it does on the imports but I've never thought of it with the Riv.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Wow, I didn't pay close enough attention to THIS thread!

I just picked up some silver Borbet Type E 17x8s, with 255/45/17s. One of them is being straightened, will post pics as soon as I get them on the car. I think they look really sharp. A nice clean 5-spoke. Wish I coulda found them in chrome, but I don't think they were made that way.
Back to top Go down
riviera2454
Enthusiast
riviera2454

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Link

What would everyone think of these rims? Looking for something different than the stock ones but want to stick with the 16s and nothing to outrageous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv
Page 10 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next