Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)

Go down 
+18
bigdave
Johnny5
al_roethlisberger
simba510
T Riley
albertj
turtleman
nigelf
RidzRiv
charlieRobinson
Mr.Riviera
Eldo
AA
Jack the R
Abaddon
robotennis61
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

yup. the bolt holes for the 95 are further apart.all i did was trace the hole pattern to the back of a piece of thin steel and used that as my drill templet. i would encourage you to do the spacing and drilling yourself since you have the shop at your disposal.it really sucks to do all the work by hand with a drill.whew.i aint kiddin! rolleyes
Back to top Go down
simba510
Amateur
simba510

Name : SIMBA SMITH
Merit : -1

coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:27 am

so can we get a complete part list...dont want any bumps along the way from a part i missed out on....and im considering taking you up on the buying it and sending it to you because i dont have the tools nor welding know how to do it......and what all did you have to fab. for the rear i want to do mines all at once but dont trust myself with welding or cutting
Back to top Go down
simba510
Amateur
simba510

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:31 am

also for the Torrington Bearings what size it needed?

actually any thing that needs a certain size would be nice to know
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 pm

At this time I am unable to fabricate the set up for anyone interested in going the "custom" route. I no longer have the time.
Soorry
R
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
At this time I am unable to fabricate the set up for anyone interested in going the "custom" route. I no longer have the time.
Soorry
R

DIY OR DIE
Back to top Go down
simba510
Amateur
simba510

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 pm

DIY OR DIE[/quote]

then i shall die with honor...i shall do it myself and then watch as my weld fails and i go swerving off the bay bridge into the bay.....LIKE A BOSS cool
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm

LOL that was an 'OR' not an 'AND'!!! jesus
Back to top Go down
simba510
Amateur
simba510

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:06 pm

ether way im dead sooo might as well go out trying lol
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:24 am

al_roethlisberger wrote:
Karma wrote:
Not yet. smile

"The kit and all supporting accessories are distributed by, PSI performance shock inc. the dealers name is BO,and he can be reached @ (707) 938-5664"

coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 Prices10

Price and part list. Thats what I'm gettting, but with 350lb front and 300lb rear springs.

So, if one just wanted to convert the strut top mount bushings to the pillow ball mount, which line item in this parts list is that piece?

Al
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:25 am

The pillow ball mount is part of the Total Suspension upgrade.No one part will work without the other.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 am

robotennis61 wrote:
The pillow ball mount is part of the Total Suspension upgrade.No one part will work without the other.

Thanks. I was just thinking, based on your comments earlier in the thread and some quick research that the "pillow mount" alone was sometimes used to firm up the front suspension.

Al
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

Name : Going Nowhere Fast
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 5:20 pm

I just tried to order this setup... it is most definitely a no go wtf I need suspension work done bad
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:04 pm

Why don't you just replace your bad parts with new parts from Napa or Autozone?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Johnny5 wrote:
I just tried to order this setup... it is most definitely a no go wtf I need suspension work done bad

Wadda ya mean " it is most definitely a no go " ?

Last edited by robotennis61 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 pm

They don't make the parts no more for your setup " they are sold out gone" we even pulled up your parts list nothing was left
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:29 pm

bigdave wrote:
Why don't you just replace your bad parts with  new parts from Napa or Autozone?
I wanted a 1 time fix and all my shocks are currently "shot" to shits muffler continues to scrape the ground. I wanted rob's idea to get added benefit but its sold out
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 am

Johnny5 wrote:

bigdave wrote:
Why don't you just replace your bad parts with  new parts from Napa or Autozone?

I wanted a 1 time fix and all my shocks are currently "shot" to shits muffler continues to scrape the ground. I wanted rob's idea to get added benefit but its sold out

You mean.... you gave up.. no 
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:27 am

sez they still have 'em in stock

http://performanceshock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_82_190&products_id=727

and these

http://performanceshock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_82_190&products_id=723

Only problem is they went way back up in price.Ask 'em to roll back the price?
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:40 am

I'll call him again but he said they were 95 dollars and we went off what you had for parts lists. When I told them my car they immediately said talk to rob lol
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 1:29 am

Johnny5 wrote:
I'll call him again but he said they were 95 dollars and we went off what you had for parts lists. When I told them my car they immediately said talk to rob lol

Interesting.I did send Bo a link to Rivperf, so he could check out my write-up.It is a very involved process to set the kit up.Probably why he referred you to me.I might have simplified the process but,it's kinda involved.Need a whole bunch of supplies and welding skillz.
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 am

Im in college I have a teacher and a few cousins who are inspiring to be welders. I just need the supplies the recipe I can mix together my self with a few lil measurements cause all of the parts I have are off the car already . My biggest concern is the parts you had to cut In to shape
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:53 am

charlieRobinson wrote:

Johnny5 wrote:

bigdave wrote:

You mean.... you gave up.. no 
I never give up I can only do what the man.say. he does not have it he does not have it I would like to be in California to challenge his authority but unfortunately I can't
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm

I want sum mf'ng coil overs ... called again rob ....it was said that dont stock them anymore....site needs to be updated... sold out would be nice to have, no company makes them anymore. He gave me a number to another website where he thinks might sell them...maybe I can get just the rears fabbed up like yours and go kyb in the front
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Johnny5 wrote:
I want sum mf'ng coil overs ... called again rob ....it was said that dont stock them anymore....site needs to be updated... sold out would be nice to have, no company makes them anymore. He gave me a number to another website where he thinks might sell them...maybe I can get just the rears fabbed up like yours and go kyb in the front

Yeah,you can do the rears all day long.Those parts are everywhere. When you get around to it give me a call and I'll make you a pair of brackets to replace the upper rear shock mount.No sweat.
You can still mod a set of front KYBs to mimic the old kit,thusly-

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47

this one is good too

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=999255

then there's this vid

another one

In the next vid you will get an idea on how to convert a strut to coilover,alltho I am not convinced that a Afco spring wouldn't work with the OEM strut mount.I'm sure it can be done too.Now,if I haven't confused you enough,there's the actual "getting started on the whole thing" thing.

and if all else fails,here's a link to Google Imgs.Tons of places to visit that will have you getting a bunch of detailed practical mods done before by other intrepid drivers.

http://tinyurl.com/k6kv4vs

these infoz will put you in the loop.

These are a few of the many pictorials out there.You gotta dig around for one that you like best.I like these. They're pretty detailed.It's also way easier to do than the product no longer available at PSI.I'm sure it would work on the KYBs,ya just gotta make sure there are Koni inserts available in shorty size.

Sux about the front kit.I knew that someday they would catch on. I'm not sure about the Pillow ball mount on the Strut mod tho? I'm sure with a couple of plates and thoughting,you can get it done.

let me know
Back to top Go down
Johnny5
Fanatic
Johnny5

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 am

Well damn thanks Rob im a little bit confused but more scared than anything lol. Just my luck I will screw something up but shoot me number and cost and a list of pieces for the rears we good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)   coilovers - Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Adjustable Front Coilovers for All Years (fabrication required)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next