Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Double roller timing chain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Double roller timing chain Empty
PostSubject: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 am

Just a quick question.The balance shaft removal is to some,a performance upgrade,to others its a waste of time. Vibration, damaged parts etc. The Intense double roller chain requires removal of the balance shaft. anybody have one installed,and why do they remove the BS? is it that's there's no room for it?
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:23 am

Hmm, i just was reading a thread on this recently, but can't remember which forum.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but:
As I understand it, to get the "double" for a double roller chain, you need an extra set of gears, and instead of sticking them on the end, they go in back where the larger and smaller balance shaft gears go. So to have the double roller chain, removing those are required as something new sits in its place.

Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:17 pm

From what I've heard, Karma is right on.

The bigger question is, what are you building that is going to have so much lift you need a double roller??? wink
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:23 pm

I hear ya. just curious, forgot about the performance aspect of it. I think even after i instal my Yella Terra rockers(sqrivi bumper first) I guess I wont need a double roller.Its just funny that after a double chain and other engine mods,the "balance shaft" question,doesnt come up.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Generally, if you are running a cam so big you truly need a double roller, it's gonna be a little lumpy and vibrate a bit extra anyhow.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Interesting. For now ill just concentrate on the paint & body,Definitely got my eyes on rockers.Don't know for sure if I'll ever spring for a cam.its my work car ,and I do a lot of stop and go...that means I'll be lumpity lumping in traffic all day!...I must be strong!
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 pm

I've heard that the gears and chain on the series one is stronger and much less prone to stretching than the series 2.... dunno if its true...

PostSubject: Re: Double roller timing chain   Double roller timing chain Empty

Back to top Go down

Double roller timing chain
Page 1 of 1