Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Car will not go into park! Please help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Car will not go into park! Please help!  Empty
PostSubject: Car will not go into park! Please help!    Car will not go into park! Please help!  EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Guys, I just got the center console off and my car will go to every gear but park! it's sitting outside in neutral with keys locked in.
I only unplugged the 2 cigarette lighter plugs but why would that affect the park gear? Please help!!!

I cannot see any reason why this would happen. Also, the security light turned on. What is going on!?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Car will not go into park! Please help!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car will not go into park! Please help!    Car will not go into park! Please help!  EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Thank goodness, I am just an idiot. I didnt put the pin back into the knob because i just wanted to see if i could drive without the console on. Well the shift knob wasnt all the way down so there wasnt enough pressure to shift gears.
wow, almost had a heart attack.
Back to top Go down

Car will not go into park! Please help!
Page 1 of 1