Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield Empty
PostSubject: Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield   Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:50 pm

While having my engine apart, I lost the insulating heat shield that goes around this. What does everyone recommend as a replacement? I felt it after coming home today and it was extremely hot. Don't want the heat to cook it.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield   Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 pm

You can probably get a spark plug boot insulator (Moroso) from a speed shop if there are any nearby. Seems like about the right size. But remember it gets hot from the inside out as well. I've seen a lot of them that are not protected and are just fine.
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield   Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 am

You're right, I may just leave it alone and see. I don't have any speed shops even remotely close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield   Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield Empty

Back to top Go down

Coolant Temp Sensor heat shield
Page 1 of 1