Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arizonabay27
Special

Name : Jason
Merit : 0

95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  Empty
PostSubject: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 pm

The factory stereo is 1.5 din. The stereo I want to install is 1 din. I can't locate a harness that allows me to do this. My riv. is a little different than most. It dosen't have the shifting knob on the floor. It has the shifting knob on the steering column. The seats are a "60/40 split" with the arm rest folding up and down between the seats. If anyone has any experience with installing a 1 din after market CD player (pioneer deh-6500bt for example) into one of these 1.5 din dashes please help.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 pm

The harness should be the same regardless of where the shifter is.
Scosche Harness P/N: GMO2B
Scosche Dash Kit P/N: GM1504
Back to top Go down
arizonabay27
Special

PostSubject: Re: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks for the quick response.I've been researching and installing an after market head unit into the dash of a 95 riv. and from what I can find it seems like a difficult process. The dash disassemble and the conversion from 1.5 to 1 dim are a couple of my worries. I'm not very mechanical but I'm determined to upgrade my stereo system myself. Stay tuned. For updates.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:13 am

The dash kit is what does the conversion. As far as the dash removal, it isn't that bad. The worst part is getting the dash itself out (best with 2 people). Once you've done it a few times it gets easier.

1: Open the glovebox. Underneath it near the passenger door will be a phillips head screw (the only one if I remember right). Unscrew it and pull the panel on the right side of the dash off. May require some elbow grease.

2: Under that panel there will be a phillips head screw, should be the only screw under it. Take it out.

3: Pull the drivers side fusebox panel off. Unscrew the phillips screw underneath.

4: Along the top of the dash underneath the overhang, there will be black push pins. Push the center of the pins up (be careful not to go too far, you WILL go through the top of the dash like I did).

5: You need to remove said pins and the black panel they were holding. You can go about this step 2 ways. 1 is to stick a flatblade under every push pin and pry it out. The other is to start pulling down on the black panel they were holding in. Both ways risk damaging something.

6: Along the top of the dash there will be some hex head screws (5-6). Remove them all.

7: Lower the steering wheel all of the way. Begin pulling out the bottom half of the dash.

8: Remove any connectors holding the dash in.

9: Get it out of there.

10: Remove any screws and plugs holding the radio in place.

Back to top Go down
arizonabay27
Special

PostSubject: Re: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 am

Any chance there is a site that has pics of the process?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:56 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.    95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.  Empty

Back to top Go down

95 with 60/40 split. Need help with after market stereo install.
Page 1 of 1