Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*

Go down 
+2
Mr.Riviera
SpaceBar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

Name : Patrick
Merit : 3

Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* Empty
PostSubject: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm looking for the part number for the push pins that hold the dash on. I believe thats what is making my dash rattle. If anyone knows that part number for these things so I can see if I can get them it would be very helpful and keep my head from hurting from that stupid rattle. wink

Last edited by on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/xspacebarx
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 10:30 pm

i think places like auto zone and advance carry a bunch of clips and pins, i dont know if ours are riv specific but it cant hurt to see what they have.

Back to top Go down
steel2040

Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 3:58 pm

I dont know what the numbers are but i do know they are the same size pushpins as on my 2004 suzuki hayabusa cause i used one on the riv.
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 9:10 pm

I was just thinking about posting the same question. I had checked the dealership a while back and they found the part, but you had to order a package of them. I only need two or three, so I didn't order them. My dash rattles to, but I think I have it narrowed down to a spot on the drivers side. I just don't know what it is rattling. Let me know if you end up getting some.

Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Group buy!?! smile

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 8:33 pm

Ok I took a trip to autozone today. After looking at all the clips labeled "GM" I didn't see anything that could fit. So I went back to the car and actually brought one of the clips in and asked the guy if he had anything like that I could use.

We found a box of 15 clips that fit pretty good. Its made by Dorman and its made for "Nissan, Toyota." Just called panel retainers.

When I was putting them in I realized I was missing 3 clips totally and another 2 were missing the middle piece just had the outside.

NO RATTLE ANYMORE. banana
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 4:06 am

SpaceBar wrote:
Ok I took a trip to autozone today. After looking at all the clips labeled "GM" I didn't see anything that could fit. So I went back to the car and actually brought one of the clips in and asked the guy if he had anything like that I could use.

We found a box of 15 clips that fit pretty good. Its made by Dorman and its made for "Nissan, Toyota." Just called panel retainers.

When I was putting them in I realized I was missing 3 clips totally and another 2 were missing the middle piece just had the outside.

NO RATTLE ANYMORE. banana

yea, the GM labeled ones apparently dont means buick's. I'll try the foreight pack next time.
Back to top Go down
SpaceBar
Aficionado
SpaceBar

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 9:39 am

The big round clips for GM fit our fender skirt. They just don't make anything that fits our dash. frown

Been a couple days now and those clips are fine. No rattle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*   Part # for dash clips *UPDATED* Empty

Back to top Go down

Part # for dash clips *UPDATED*
Page 1 of 1