Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Dash Anchor clips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 pm

The anchor clips that run across the top filler panel of the dash. Are they available anywhere? Was putting my dash back together today and lost the center piece to one. I'll probably find it when I get a replacement oops
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:42 pm

do you mean the little push-pull pins? They hold in the black strip that goes up along the bottom of the rear edge of the dash shade piece... hard to describe. I just sent a few of these to Nate and have a couple left. I had to buy 10 when I needed one.
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:19 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
do you mean the little push-pull pins? They hold in the black strip that goes up along the bottom of the rear edge of the dash shade piece... hard to describe. I just sent a few of these to Nate and have a couple left. I had to buy 10 when I needed one.

Where'd you get them? I had a couple break pulling mine out as well.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 am

GM dealer. They would only order a box of 10 for me, I needed 1...
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 am

deekster_caddy wrote:

Yes, that is what I need. Do you want to sell them? I can paypal you some funds.
If not, do you have a part #?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Let me see how many I have left. I just sent a few to Nate. How many do you need, 1?
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:33 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Let me see how many I have left. I just sent a few to Nate. How many do you need, 1?

I only need 1, but I will take 2 if you can spare it.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I have some available too. I was gonna put them in, but my black molding piece fits so tightly I can't even force a clip in. It holds better without them than it ever did with them. IDK what i did when I put the dash back together, but it fits better now. I just snap it into the little lip in the dash pad and it stays perfectly.
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 am

How many are holding that cover piece on under the dash? 4? I'd go look but it's 2 a.m, I know it's a few, so would you want to sell me a some Derek?
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:19 am

GMFreak8 wrote:
I have some available too. I was gonna put them in, but my black molding piece fits so tightly I can't even force a clip in. It holds better without them than it ever did with them. IDK what i did when I put the dash back together, but it fits better now. I just snap it into the little lip in the dash pad and it stays perfectly.

There are about 5 or 6 7mm bolts holding the dash in up top. The tabs that the bolts go through, if you don't tuck them behind the upper dash tabs, your filler panel holes will not line up, and the anchor clips will not fit in the holes. The filler panel will fit more tightly also. That is probably what you did when you re assembled.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:24 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
GMFreak8 wrote:

There are about 5 or 6 7mm bolts holding the dash in up top. The tabs that the bolts go through, if you don't tuck them behind the upper dash tabs, your filler panel holes will not line up, and the anchor clips will not fit in the holes. The filler panel will fit more tightly also. That is probably what you did when you re assembled.

Ahhh that makes sense. Oh well, I'm not taking it back apart to do it when everything seems to fit nice and snug. Although I'm sure I'll end up having to take it apart for something later on down the road... Thanks for clearing that up. I feel a little stupid now though. lol
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:18 pm

GMFreak8 wrote:
LARRY70GS wrote:
GMFreak8 wrote:

Ahhh that makes sense. Oh well, I'm not taking it back apart to do it when everything seems to fit nice and snug. Although I'm sure I'll end up having to take it apart for something later on down the road... Thanks for clearing that up. I feel a little stupid now though. lol

Don't feel stupid. How do you think I know about this lmao I put it together and couldn't get the anchor clips in at all. Took it back apart and realized my mistake. That's what bulletin boards are for thumbsup
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:15 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
GMFreak8 wrote:
LARRY70GS wrote:
GMFreak8 wrote:

Don't feel stupid. How do you think I know about this lmao I put it together and couldn't get the anchor clips in at all. Took it back apart and realized my mistake. That's what bulletin boards are for thumbsup

Haha, well at least you took it back apart. By the time I got to the point of installing the dash trim piece I just wanted it back together at all costs. So I kinda just shoved it in and left it. You know how you get to that point....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dash Anchor clips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dash Anchor clips   Dash Anchor clips Empty

Back to top Go down

Dash Anchor clips
Page 1 of 1