Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
00Glazz
Rookie
00Glazz

Name : 00Glazz
Merit : 0

1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse... Empty
PostSubject: 1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...   1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse... EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Hello, as title states I have a 1995 riviera Series 1 supercharged.

Just had to replace the entire steering column and about 900$ worth of parts between tune up, shocks and struts, brakes, ignition module, and miscellaneous parts...Car was running great until the steering column broke. Then it stopped running, would crank but not turn over. I assumed it was Passkey/Vats, we fixed the steering column and found all the wires to be ok behind the wheel, and now it still cranks and wont start.

My mechanic has run 3 different scanners on it to try and pull codes, but he says he doesnt even get a signal from the computer. Any idea what that would be about?

Any ideas why the injectors are not receiving a pulse at all?

I am going to search the forums now as well for anyone with the same issues.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...   1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse... EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Make sure he is aware that the 95 is OBD-1.5. Only certain scanners can read it even though it's an OBD-II plug.
Back to top Go down
00Glazz
Rookie
00Glazz

Name : 00Glazz
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...   1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse... EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Ok I will let him know. Thanks for the heads up! Any ideas which of the more common ones do? I have been reading alot of Actron scanners work. He said he used 3 of them, I know one was a snap on version.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...   1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse... EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm

[quote="00Glazz"]Ok I will let him know. Thanks for the heads up! Any ideas which of the more common ones do? I have been reading alot of Actron scanners work. He said he used 3 of them, I know one was a snap on version.[/quote

Once you get the scanner, hook it up and during cranking check for a pulse from CKP (the crank sensor). If no pulse then replace it. PCM will inhibit starting unless it gets a timing pulse from the crank sensor. ]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...   1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse... Empty

Back to top Go down

1995 riviera Supercharged no injector pulse...
Page 1 of 1