Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft Empty
PostSubject: Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft   Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I have read a post by Karma saying that some series 1 3800's were made with the lighter series 2 crankshafts. I would love to learn more about this. Here are some questions.

1. How do you know if you already have one?

2. Do these engines make the same horsepower stock as the series 1 engines with the series 1 crankshafts?

3. Is it possible to do this swap?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft   Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:24 pm

you can probably use the engine block casting number along with the cylinder head casting number,a combination of the 2 or one or the other.call an established 3800 building house and they should be able to tell you.

HP? dont know? might spool up a little quicker

swap? I wonder too? Might have everything to do with the engine block casting.Just like an engine block has to be matched to the timing cover to work, so too might the crank.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft   Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:16 am

what happened to karmas post from last night? lol
Back to top Go down
95Rivo
Special

Name : jamie williams
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft   Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:39 am

Hey there, long time lurker and figured i pitch in on this one..... on mine the cast #'s on the crank were 2170 which is the same as the series 2. Easiest way to check i think would be to feel the flywheel, the weight for the 2170 crank is huge compared to the other like an inch short from going from 1 bolt hole to the other....the balancer weight diff. is also huge. And thanks for the site have learned alot....OH mines a "95....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft   Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft Empty

Back to top Go down

Series 1 with a Series 2 Crankshaft
Page 1 of 1