Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

'95 Riv (series 1) intake

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveE_95Riv
Amateur

Name : David Egan
Merit : 0

'95 Riv (series 1)  intake Empty
PostSubject: '95 Riv (series 1) intake   '95 Riv (series 1)  intake EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Still learning, realize Buick engineers did develop the intake with the Supercharger & Fuel Injection.

It appears there are 2 different Series One LIM's, a 92-93, and a 94-95 Version.
the 92-93 the LIM is described as "open"
the 94-95 is described as "walled".

I was wondering, (I have a '95), what did the Buick Engineers see, that they changed to a  "walled" intake from the "open 92-93 intake to the "walled" in '95?

The '94-'95 Series 1 Intake has the fuel injectors built-in the Intake Manifold. The '96 Series 2 injectors is built into the heads.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: '95 Riv (series 1) intake   '95 Riv (series 1)  intake EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:26 pm

As far as I know, the change to the 'walled' manifold was to reduce supercharger noise in general - that's all. The rest of the casting, as far as I can tell, did not change. I have both to compare and besides maybe one or two edges, the only difference is the walls.

As Karma taught me, if you're more performance oriented, finding a non-walled version will reduce air charge temperatures somewhat from the supercharger into the heads. And I'm sure you know, cooler temperatures means a little bit more power;) .
Back to top Go down
DaveE_95Riv
Amateur

Name : David Egan
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: '95 Riv (series 1) intake   '95 Riv (series 1)  intake EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Thank you Andrew. I have to admit, reducing supercharger noise via a addition inside the manifold was the last thing I imagined.
I was thinking some kind of change to the flow into the intake ports was wanted, I suppose because the manifold air prior to the intake valves is under pressure (at boost), design engineering of flow within the manifold or runners to the heads is not as important, like in a naturally aspirated intake system, and so put a "wall" in?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '95 Riv (series 1) intake   '95 Riv (series 1)  intake Empty

Back to top Go down

'95 Riv (series 1) intake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: