Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zpetey88
Rookie
zpetey88

Name : zack p
Merit : 0

Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap Empty
PostSubject: Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap   Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:24 pm

I've been using fm radio transmitters to play my phone through my car speakers for a while now, but im sick of the crappy quality, and want to switch to a cassette adapter, however my cassette player is broken, it refuses to play anything and clicks and displays an e13 message whenever I try to get it to work, which ive heard means its pretty much fried. I dont want to spend the money and buy an aftermarket head unit, because I dont have the money right now, and I think they ruin the look of the interior. I want to go down to the junkyard and snag one from another riviera to swap out, my question is if I get a stereo from another buivk of the time, will it work with my car, i also have steering wheel conjtrols, will those work with it too? like the little motor that turns the knob when you press the volume switch on the wheel? Any feedback on either fixing my cassette player or any experience you've had swapping out stock radios before would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap   Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:38 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Century-LeSabre-Regal-Skylark-Riviera-Park-Avenue-Cassette-Player-Radio-OE-/140715357019

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

PostSubject: Re: Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap   Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:15 am

Here is a write up I did a while back, I looked at the interior and electronics write-ups but didn't find it, so here it is...

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t7443-write-up-repairing-cassette-player-eject-issue

Aaron, maybe you can add it to the write up section?
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

Name : Bryson
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap   Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:19 am

I swapped mine from a 98 regal ls, everything plugs right in, my stereo looks exactly the same and the steering controls still work.
Back to top Go down
zpetey88
Rookie
zpetey88

Name : zack p
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap   Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks for the write up man it's perfect!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap   Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken cassette player/stock stereo swap
Page 1 of 1