Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Cassette Tape Stuck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RivGuy

Name : Bob Norton
Merit : 0

Cassette Tape Stuck Empty
PostSubject: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 am

Is there a easy way to remove stuck Cassette Tape ?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 7:46 pm

No, there is no hidden release lever. You have to disassemble the radio, usually.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 6:49 am

I'd try pressing the eject button while prying on the tape with a screwdriver, maybe you can jiggle it enough to make it pop out.

I've never used the tape deck on the Riv though, I'm not sure what's there!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:46 am

Jack the R wrote:
I'd try pressing the eject button while prying on the tape with a screwdriver, maybe you can jiggle it enough to make it pop out.  

I've never used the tape deck on the Riv though, I'm not sure what's there!

If the motor for ejection isn't running, this won't work.

If the eject mechanism isn't working (broken cog or belt dep. on what Delco put in the radio) this won't work.

I have heard that if you use tweezers or forceps to grab the skinny boss that sticks out on teh sides of the cassette by the tape opening that you can sometimes coax it out.

I have heard that if you blast into the cassette deck opening with clean compressed air it will sometimes work. That is, if the cause of the failure is accumulation of dust. I have never tried that.

I have had a cassette stuck in my deck once; I disassembled the radio and removed it then cleaned things (heads, capstan, belts) up with dry gas and put a bit of tune up grease (silicone lube) on the gears. Swapped that radio for a salvage yard one (that's in now) after a couple years, when the CD misfunctioned (mechanism worked, but it would play incorrectly on highway trips when it got pretty hot, for $35 I got a fully working replacement radio with an ugly face and swapped my radio's good face onto it after replacing burned out bulbs).

Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 3:01 pm

It may not work, but doesn't the dash have to come apart to pull the radio?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Jack the R wrote:
It may not work, but doesn't the dash have to come apart to pull the radio?

Yes... time consuming but not difficult, and you have to open both doors to get at the screws hidden at the ends of the dash under those triangular panels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cassette Tape Stuck   Cassette Tape Stuck Empty

Back to top Go down

Cassette Tape Stuck
Page 1 of 1