Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Gold Grill on Rivi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rodrivi
Rookie
rodrivi

Name : Rodg
Merit : 0

Gold Grill on Rivi Empty
PostSubject: Gold Grill on Rivi   Gold Grill on Rivi EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm

I have a gold grill on my rivi that's fading away. Do anyone know how to restore the gold? Guy at macco said it has to be dip? Idk bout that. Can it be painted gold or plasti dip gold?
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

Gold Grill on Rivi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Grill on Rivi   Gold Grill on Rivi EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Not that it really matters, but do you mean the entire grill or just the "R"?

Anyway, if the gold has worn off/through, then you would either have to find someone that gold plates emblems, or you could try to paint the piece with some metallic paint.

For the former, I'd recommend calling around to local dealers to see who they use to plate emblems. Cadillac dealers would be a good place t start I would think.

For the latter, I'd recommend calling some professional auto paint stores that sell to the public and see if they can recommend a paint that will approximate gold plating. No paint will be 100% authentic, but perhaps something is available that looks good enough especially from a distance. The smaller the part the better in this case I would assume. If you just need to paint the "R" then that has a higher chance of turning out better with paint than if you need to paint the entire grill.

Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

Gold Grill on Rivi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Grill on Rivi   Gold Grill on Rivi EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Coming from a person who has painted theirs, just buy some plastidip. My paint started to fade after a week with proper prep and finishing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gold Grill on Rivi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Grill on Rivi   Gold Grill on Rivi Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Grill on Rivi
Page 1 of 1