Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hybridized Series I and Series II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ironclyde
Enthusiast
ironclyde

Name : Cody
Merit : 1

Hybridized Series I and Series II Empty
PostSubject: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 6:39 am

My son and I are building a stroker 3800 using a series I block and series II heads and camshaft, for his tired 3800 powered Camaro. I think I want to do the same thing for my 95 Riviera.

Has anyone on this BB tried this kind of a hybridization? I'd appreciate any info. Successes and failures are welcome to comment.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:09 pm

There is an old thread on 3800pro you will want to find.  Has hybrid in the title.  Outlines all the differences and what is needed.  In a *very* small nutshell(there is tons more on what needs to be done to hybrid the two), S2 heads will bolt on, but you need a custom LIM to make up the difference on the deck geometry.  Match that to the differences in making a s2 cam fit.  There's other stuff for push rod angles and oiling differences too.  I don't know if the guy ever made it run or not, but its massively more complicated than at first glance.  If you can't find the thread let me know and I'll dig it up.

(and anyone else will just tell you that its easier and cheaper to just build up a series2. They might be right, but the theoretical potential on the S1 taller block stroked with S2 enhancements are pretty awesome.)

Enthusiast
ironclyde

PostSubject: Re: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:41 pm

I did find another thread on the concept on another BBS. Maybe the moderator will allow me to post it. It's rather interesting.

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/general-tech/2953-si-ev6-tall-deck-block-sii-heads.html
Back to top Go down
th3fr4nchi5e
Addict
th3fr4nchi5e

Name : Dave
Merit : 28

PostSubject: Re: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:55 am

The OP of the thread you posted from 3800pro is also a member here under the same name and was active for a bit not long ago. His buddy drove a Whipple supercharged Riviera that was one of their projects. Might be able to contact him if you have questions about specifics that he may have sorted out to save you some time.

Here is his showroom thread:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t1426-eric-s-calling-you-out-alexheheh?highlight=eric+is+calling+you+out

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 7:26 am

Just LS swap it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
ironclyde
Enthusiast
ironclyde

PostSubject: Re: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Awesome! I'd appreciate it. One of the biggest obstacles to overcome has been the lack of information available. I've been more successful as time has passed. But there are always questions.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hybridized Series I and Series II   Hybridized Series I and Series II Empty

Back to top Go down

Hybridized Series I and Series II
Page 1 of 1