Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trunk lid not locking.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lenrapkins

Name : Leonard Bernard Rapkins
Merit : 2

Trunk lid not locking. Empty
PostSubject: Trunk lid not locking.   Trunk lid not locking. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 4:01 pm

A short while ago I posted that my trunk would not lock (thanks for the replies) The problem was a small fragment of plastic from the actuator had broken off and had jammed the lock. I took the lock off and shook the plastic piece free and now the lock works well. I am however now looking for an actuator/solenoid for remote opening, any ideas where to get one please let me know. Lenrapkins@gmail.com 704 771 1953.
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: Trunk lid not locking.   Trunk lid not locking. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Actuator lists for $62.00 from dealer. You will have to call for availability.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Trunk lid not locking.   Trunk lid not locking. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:29 pm

I am pretty sure I have one that I took off of a '97 recently? Let me know if you can't locate one and I'll look and see for certain, and maybe we can do some business?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
chitown_riv98
Fanatic

Name : Ruben
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Trunk lid not locking.   Trunk lid not locking. EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Delco-GM-Original-Equipment-Trunk-Lid-Latch-Release-Actuator-/121269606689?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1998|Model%3ARiviera&hash=item1c3c3b5921&vxp=mtr

There are a few on ebay. This one is $25 shipped. Not bad IMO, I actually got one out of Summit PickNPull recently for $6. The actuator is the same one in the 93-96 caprice and probably other GM of the era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trunk lid not locking.   Trunk lid not locking. Empty

Back to top Go down

Trunk lid not locking.
Page 1 of 1