Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Order of operations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

Name : Evan
Merit : 13

Order of operations Empty
PostSubject: Order of operations   Order of operations EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:59 am

So besides having the supercharger off for the coupler change and having the lim out to change gaskgets (and new valve covers as well) I am getting ready to replace my power steering pump, water pump, ac compressor, and idler/tensioner pulleys.

As far as the order in which I should approach these for the least amount of doing and undoing operations and just generally getting in my own way, does anybody have any suggestions based in experience/knowledge of how they'd attack this project?

Merely a shot in the dark, but hey, who knows  razz 
Back to top Go down
Animator
Animator

Name : Rob
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Order of operations   Order of operations EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 3:45 pm

In my opinion, since the power steering pump has to be moved before you can get to the water pump bolts, I'd say remove that then install the water pump. Overall, assuming all these components are already removed, next install the idler/tension pulleys, then the ac compressor followed by the power steering pump. Don't forget to replace the belts while you're in there. You are working backwards from removal, with the deepest component (the water pump) coming off last and going on first. Some people might disagree, and I'd be interested in hearing why. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: Order of operations   Order of operations EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Will see if I get this far today or not but will update with experience
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Order of operations   Order of operations EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

If you find the ACTUAL torque value for the bolt that holds the "stacked" idler pulleys, please let me know. I guesstimated them based on other posts in other make/model forums as it isn't mentioned in the factory service manual.
Back to top Go down
llamalor2112
Junkie
llamalor2112

PostSubject: Re: Order of operations   Order of operations EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:24 am

I'll be hunting for these values myself and let you know if I find anything solid. Can I ask what you found for the tensioner pulleys? Or did you just replace the entire units?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Order of operations   Order of operations Empty

Back to top Go down

Order of operations
Page 1 of 1