Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AlienShoe
Special

Name : AlienShoe
Merit : 0

Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on. Empty
PostSubject: Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on.   Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:13 pm

It sounds like its coming from one of the front pulleys, and really only makes the noise when the a/c is running. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?
Back to top Go down
gunmetalRED
gunmetalRED

Name : Kristin
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on.   Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:01 pm

I have the same issue right now. It's either the compressor clutch, or the compressor itself. Maybe both (a hard-turning compressor will wear out a clutch with it). Does your AC still blow cold air?

There is a great discussion of the rattling problem here: https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t6120-write-up-ac-compressor-clutch-replacement
Back to top Go down
AlienShoe
Special

Name : AlienShoe
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on.   Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Yeah the ac still works. Also thanks for the thread link. i was looking around but i couldnt find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on.   Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rattling noise whenever the A/c is on.
Page 1 of 1