Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Z-type's Tune Thread

Go down 
+4
Abaddon
matt270avian
AA
Z-type
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z-type's Tune Thread   Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:20 pm

matt270avian wrote:

charlieRobinson wrote:
if you are + or - 5. that is amazing. i think + or - 10 is acceptable. anything outside of the range should be tightened up. better to be in the negatives tho

What do I get for being -3 to 0 all the time...?

A pat on the back. dunno
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Z-type's Tune Thread   Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:24 pm

On a car that's not cammed or such that fuel trims at idle are invariably sketchy, i'd be tryin' to get within 5%. I don't think within 3% is overkill at all but most importantly is to eliminate skew trends like when it's staying within reason at lower maf ranges and then adding or taking away more as you go up the table. That's what ruins your WOT afr and you don't even really get to see how badly unless you have a wideband or run full blast without PE and that's risky
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Z-type's Tune Thread   Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Ok so within 5%...that should only take a few tunes for me. At heavy throttle, or really anything over 50%, I'm pretty much at 0.0. Just need to work on cruise and idle, which on my car, seems to be right around 5,000htz and lower where it's richer.
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: Z-type's Tune Thread   Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:18 pm

I did an adjustment today with the MAF table. It seems the car was just a little lean at higher RPM/throttle, and the only thing I can really attribute that to was the new fuel pump. Maybe it's just a touch different than the stock one? Pressure is good.

Anyway, I also toned down the shift pressures at 25% throttle and lower. Seemed a little harsh to me. All seems well now!

I love tuning. I know I'm not doing and have never done anything hardcore as far as tuning, but I still love it.

Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 DSC06722
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Z-type's Tune Thread   Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:30 am

Z-type wrote:
... It seems the car was just a little lean at higher RPM/throttle, and the only thing I can really attribute that to was the new fuel pump. Maybe it's just a touch different than the stock one? Pressure is good.

Absolutely. It's at high RPM/full throttle where you use the most fuel, so this makes complete sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z-type's Tune Thread   Z-type's Tune Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Z-type's Tune Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5