Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RivieraRyan
Enthusiast

Merit : 7

Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. Empty
PostSubject: Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..   Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:07 pm

My check oil level light comes on when I start the car but goes off after about 30 seconds. I change my oil regularly every 3 months. Anyone know what the issue might be?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..   Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:05 am

Changing your oil regularly has nothing to do with that light. That light is there for when the oil gets low. Did you check the oil level?
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..   Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:28 pm

X2, there is an oil level sensor in the oil pan.  The light is telling you the level is low.  Could be a faulty sensor, or possible bad connection at the sensor, or the oil level might be low, check the dip stick level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..   Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Mine does that too, but my oil level is fine. It might be in my head but sometimes it seems like it stays on longer than others. It never happened before I swapped out to the 97 pcm so I'm just assuming something is different causing the light to come on.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..   Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:12 pm

...if you're sure the oil's not spraying out, then it's time to replace that sensor.

Check to see that the oil pressure sending  is not leaking.  It is positioned such that if it has a leak under pressure there might not be much if any evidence. The oil can simply spray out onto the ground while you are running.  Not frequent but seen it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..   Check Oil Level light coming on during start up.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Check Oil Level light coming on during start up..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: