Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1997 Riviera

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
imabadczech
Special

Name : Craig Vosatka
Merit : 0

1997 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: 1997 Riviera   1997 Riviera EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 12:24 pm

OK, here I go.

I have been reading about the dual climate control issues and how one side blows air cold on one side and warm on the other. When I use my ac which works perfectly, it blows cold air out all of the vents. When I change the temperature to a higher temp, drivers side is still cold from the floor but warm on passenger side. So, I know I need to change the actuator on drivers side. I went to pull a part this morning and they had 1 riviera and I saw 2 of the actuators so I removed both of them. I took each one apart and and 1 had a cracked wheel inside and the other did not. I bought the good one for 17 bucks. Now my big question is, which of the 2 is going to fix my temperature issue? Both are same part number but im sure the other is to move air between floor, vents, defrost and such, and the other is the one I need to replace. I'm 6'2" so I had to be a contortionist in the junkyard to get the ones out of that car, and it wasn't real comfortable. Any info on this would be great.

Second issue is the passenger front seat will not recline in any direction. Seat goes up and down, forward and reverse, but no tilting. You can hear a clicking when you push switch sometimes but it just doesn't recline. How would I fix something like this?

Third and final issue is the mirrors. Whenever car is in reverse trying to turn mirrors down, or when I try to adjust mirrors myself, they don't move at first and i hear a clicking noise under the dash. On the 8 hour drive from Florida to my house in Georgia, I kept trying mirrors and they finally moved. Next day, back to same. Clicking under drivers side of dash. Is there some type of relay down there?

OK, that is al for now. Look forward to hearing back from some of you.

Craig
Back to top Go down
imabadczech
Special

Name : Craig Vosatka
Merit : 0

1997 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1997 Riviera   1997 Riviera EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 4:15 pm

well forget about the ac stuff. I replaced the actuator and didn't change a damn thing. Going to bring it to an ac shop to have professionally repaired. I screwed with it all day and it took hours to change a tiny part with just 2 screws. Ridiculous.

Now every once in a while, drivers seat will not work at all. All you hear are clicks and that is it. After about 30 minutes, seat works like new. I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

1997 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1997 Riviera   1997 Riviera EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 2:08 am

imabadczech wrote:
well forget about the ac stuff.  I replaced the actuator and didn't change a damn thing.  Going to bring it to an ac shop to have professionally repaired.  I screwed with it all day and it took hours to change a tiny part with just 2 screws.  Ridiculous.  

Now every once in a while, drivers seat will not work at all.  All you hear are clicks and that is it.  After about 30 minutes, seat works like new.  I just don't get it.

Drivers seat -- CHECK THE WIRING you probably have an intermittent short due to insulation scraped off the harness accidentally.

AC Actuator -- may be a different actuator.

Dennis likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1997 Riviera Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1997 Riviera   1997 Riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

1997 Riviera
Page 1 of 1