Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpiralArchitect
Rookie

Name : Jesse
Merit : 0

Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC) Empty
PostSubject: Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC)   Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC) EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi gang,

I have a 95' Riv that typically runs great, but recently when I start the engine when hot (like after stopping to fuel up), the engine idles very rough, best way to describe it is "chugging", after a few seconds it will smooth out to a high idle then settle into a normal idle, when this happens the check engine light comes on and stays on till next restart, engine starts and idles fine every time when cold.
I have a very nice Bosch code reader, but as most of you know, the 95' is a crossover year (OBD-l computer with an OBD-ll interface) so I can't download the codes, and the only place locally that can read the codes charges $89.00 to do it, so I'm hoping someone here has some ideas.
I have recently replaced the TPS, fuel filter, and plugs & wires, any thoughts would be appreciated....thanks!
Back to top Go down
sloshua
sloshua

Name : sloshua
Merit : 1

Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC)   Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC) EmptySun May 29, 2016 5:21 pm

clean the mass air flo sensor check all vac lines.
Back to top Go down

Rough idle after hot restart (series l SC)
Page 1 of 1