Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

TCC Apply/Release

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

Name : Tyler
Merit : 20

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Hello everyone. I'm still alive, I just don't get on here often anymore because nothing interesting has been happening with the Riv lately. That being said, I have a question!

This may be covered somewhere that I couldn't find, but has anyone messed with their TCC apply/release speeds? I am running stock stall speed and as far as I know my TCC isn't going bad, I'm just curious what effects could be had on regular driving.

I'd appreciate any knowledge! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:02 pm

I've got mine fully released in 3rd gear, and only applies in 4th with very light throttle at 40mph. I also have it set to release at like 18% throttle input. Anything lower than that, and it's constantly apply/release. It took me quite awhile to get it where I wanted it. It's all about trial and error.

That being said, you have to watch your shift speeds and RPMS if you're going to start messing with the TCC. If you set it to apply or release at a certain time, and there's a shift point there too, funny things happen.
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks Scott.

Just as a starting point, I'd imagine you'd want it to release before a downshift and apply after and upshift?

To keep it released you just put the max value in all the apply cells and leave the release cells alone?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Sir Psycho Sexy wrote:
Just as a starting point, I'd imagine you'd want it to release before a downshift and apply after and upshift?

To keep it released you just put the max value in all the apply cells and leave the release cells alone?

Yes and yes.

My 4th Apply values are (from top to bottom)
255 (filled in the rest)

4th Apply
254 (filled in the rest)

Mind you, I have the 3.29 gear set, so your values would be slightly higher.
This pattern gave a me nice, smooth transitions, with no TCC apply while on the throttle. No more cruising, give it a little gas, and have the car barely move because it's applied. It immediately releases, and the car goes. This setting will let you beat on it a little bit without worrying about lockup.
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Awesome. Thanks. Is this something the trans will take a while to "learn" after I upload the tune?
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:51 pm

The trans is gonna be funny after an upload regardless. It will immediately take the settings, but your shifts will be mushy for awhile.

Oh! Don't forget to set TCC_apply_WOT to 255 as well.
Back to top Go down
Sir Psycho Sexy
Junkie
Sir Psycho Sexy

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Good to know. I'm going to mess with this after work, do some highway driving, and I'll report back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TCC Apply/Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCC Apply/Release   TCC Apply/Release Empty

Back to top Go down

TCC Apply/Release
Page 1 of 1