Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

95 ABS Light On. How to test?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JacobsRedRivi

Name : Jake
Merit : 0

95 ABS Light On. How to test? Empty
PostSubject: 95 ABS Light On. How to test?   95 ABS Light On. How to test? EmptyFri May 19, 2017 11:44 am

Hey guys. Ever since i bought the Rivi over a year ago my ABS light has been on. I was able to get someone to read the code and i was told it was the break fluid reservoir sensor. I have the new reservoir but not to sure on how i replace it (the shop manual makes it seem easier than it actually is). I still have no issues with braking while driving. However I would like to scan it myself and make sure it is what he said it was.

I am no longer in touch with him so i cant get him to do it again. What would be the best route for me to take?

Also, i was wondering if anyone has a write up for replacing it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
IFallsRon
Fanatic

Name : R.L.
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: 95 ABS Light On. How to test?   95 ABS Light On. How to test? EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:31 pm

I haven't tried in a long time, but my scanner locked up on ABS as did the parts store guy's.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: 95 ABS Light On. How to test?   95 ABS Light On. How to test? EmptySat May 20, 2017 8:42 am

My 98 required a Tech2 type scanner to read ABS codes. My ABS light was the right front sensor. The sensor is integral with the hub bearing. When the hub bearing starts to go, it takes the sensor out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
1997riv
Enthusiast

Name :
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: 95 ABS Light On. How to test?   95 ABS Light On. How to test? EmptySat May 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Have to use a more expensive Snapon scanner if going to a shop.

Last edited by stydel311 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: 95 ABS Light On. How to test?   95 ABS Light On. How to test? EmptyMon May 22, 2017 4:52 pm

The reservoir replacement goes as shown in the service manual as long as your MC is the same as what went on in factory.  Which is almost a certainty as the brake folks don't have much variation in hard parts. It might help if you have a press to drive the little roll pins in properly.

In my case I'd purchased a replacement brake master cylinder and the fluid sensor connector on the new MC would not hold the plug for some reason.  I swapped reservoirs while the MC was off the car (cleaned out the old reservoir then put old reservoir on new MC) and then bled the new MC before installing on my Riv.  

It's snug but yes it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 ABS Light On. How to test?   95 ABS Light On. How to test? Empty

Back to top Go down

95 ABS Light On. How to test?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Brakes & Suspension-
Jump to: