Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Trunk mounted bike rack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
h20man
Enthusiast
h20man

Name : Aaron W.
Merit : -2

Trunk mounted bike rack  Empty
PostSubject: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 10:56 pm

Ok guys need a little help, who here is into mountain biking? I am and now that I got my riv back on the road running nice and smooth with new subframe mounts and tires I want to start using it to haul a bike or 2 to trails. I've been using my 3000gt for a while by folding the rear seats down but that car is too low for alot of the trails I like. Installing a hitch is out of the question since I'm running a big single exhaust coming straight out of the back bumper so my only option is really a trunk mounted rack. Anyone try one on their riv?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 am

I have the Thule, no complaints. Riv trunk is tricky to fit but that's why you want a Thule - follow the directions carefully.
Back to top Go down
h20man
Enthusiast
h20man

Name : Aaron W.
Merit : -2

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 10:26 am

Have any pics of the setup?
Back to top Go down
nickwon

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 3:33 am

Can't go wrong with Yakima or Thule. These brands are popular when it comes to racks.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 12:36 am

h20man wrote:
Have any pics of the setup?

No, sorry. Thule has a nice web site, though.
Back to top Go down
David Jennings
Amateur

Name : David Reese Jennings

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello.  I use a Saris Bones on my 95 every day in my commute.   Easy to install and remove.  I epoxied a couple Simpson Strong Ties underneath the bumper to hold the bottom straps.  I also put some clear film on the body where the pads touch.  Happy with it.
Back to top Go down
vicsimon
Rookie

Name : Victor Samson

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 2:01 am

Any photo of the setup available?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trunk mounted bike rack    Trunk mounted bike rack  Empty

Back to top Go down

Trunk mounted bike rack
Page 1 of 1