Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

problem with starting...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DcLars
Rookie

Name : Dc
Merit : 0

problem with starting... Empty
PostSubject: problem with starting...   problem with starting... EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello All,

Was a member long ago whn I first bought my 97' Supercharged Riv in 2007. Beautiful car... had only 64,000 easy miles on it. I was having lil problems back then so I did the bypass under the dash like the forum said. Has worked fine since. Now I am having probs again.
Simply... For a little while, I'd turn the ignition the first bit and all the lets bells whistles and Security lite is flashing like it should. As soon as I turn to start it... nothing. The security lite is on solid. Now when this just started happening, I'd wait 5 minute sand it would start again.

Now... no luck. All the bells and whistles still but absolutely no crank. I've read thru a lot of posts but still not convinced what to do. Could it be my ignition switch or the key fob thing. I had probs with the fob once also a while back. had to get another.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

problem with starting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem with starting...   problem with starting... EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 7:42 pm

When you had the original problems starting you were advised to do the repair not the bypass.

Now you know why.
Back to top Go down

problem with starting...
Page 1 of 1