Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

traction control problem or abs not sure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

Name : tommy z
Merit : 1

traction control problem or abs not sure Empty
PostSubject: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 pm

95 buick Riviera just turning 100,000 miles new tranny fuel lines brake lines water pump shock struts wires plugs coils, driving in the rain 2day and notice when my front tires start slipping it caused a low humming sound in the engine bay like a transformer going bad on a telephone pole(that's the best way I can describe the sound) it only does it when the front tires are slipping. any suggestions would help...they always do here!!also no codes are lit up
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure EmptyMon Sep 23, 2019 11:39 pm

When the road had snow or ice and caused my front wheels to slip during take off I got a loud noise from what I thought was the Traction Control Unit.

It never triggered a light or code and it drove fine otherwise, so I didn't concern myself with it.

I never had an issue in rain, maybe because I always had new or near new tires on it so they didn't slip in the rain. If your trying to go full throttle from a stop in the rain while your trying to turn into traffic maybe you'll get the Traction Control System to bark at you. I don't know. Are your tires bad.?
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 1:49 am

Rickw wrote:
When the road had snow or ice and caused my front wheels to slip during take off I got a loud noise from what I thought was the Traction Control Unit.

It never triggered a light or code and it drove fine otherwise, so I didn't concern myself with it.

I never had an issue in rain, maybe because I always had new or near new tires on it so they didn't slip in the rain. If your trying to go full throttle from a stop in the rain while your trying to turn into traffic maybe you'll get the Traction Control System to bark at you. I don't know. Are your tires bad.?
my tires are fine and as soon as the tires stop slipping the noise stops immediately I imagine it will do it in the snow for sure, also I can drive from 0 to 60 with no problems,noise only occurs when tires slip
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:37 am

The traction control pulses the ABS the same way is if you were in a skid. The noise is the ABS motor, it's normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Rivieraz wrote:
95 buick Riviera just turning 100,000 miles new tranny fuel lines brake lines water pump shock struts wires plugs coils, driving in the rain 2day and notice when my front tires start slipping it caused a low humming sound in the engine bay like a transformer going bad on a telephone pole(that's the best way I can describe the sound) it only does it when the front tires are slipping. any suggestions would help...they always do here!!also no codes are lit up

That buzz is the ABS *working* as Larry pointed out, it is not silent or even quiet on these cars.

Be sure to replace your brake fluid every couple years to avoid having rust form in the ABS unit.
Back to top Go down
Rivieraz
Enthusiast
Rivieraz

PostSubject: Re: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm

ty everyone!best site ever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: traction control problem or abs not sure   traction control problem or abs not sure Empty

Back to top Go down

traction control problem or abs not sure
Page 1 of 1