Riviera Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Time for bushings.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Fanatic

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 1

Time for bushings. Empty
PostSubject: Time for bushings.   Time for bushings. EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 7:24 pm

My lower control arms and the rest of the rubber on my front end is rotted. My car shakes at highway speed. I am thinking of doing Moog lca's, front and rear sway bar bushings and outer tie rod ends. The motor mounts are new except for the trans mount which I will replace.

I saw these parts on Rock Auto, are they the cradle bushings? Should I bother checking the dealer at this point and am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Subframe bushing DORMAN 924044 {#25674565, 25757174}
Subframe mount SKP SKM4052
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 116

Time for bushings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for bushings.   Time for bushings. EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 am

Don't bother spending the big bucks for the cradle bushings from GM.

I used all Dorman bushing assembly's even though the part number for the Dormans said they only fit the rear of the front cradle on my 98. They fit in all six positions and worked great.
Got them on Amazon with free shipping for not a lot of money. Especially compared to the GM parts.
The Dormans came complete with bolts IIRC.

I also got complete Lower Control Arms with poly bushings and new balljoints installed from Dorman on Amazon for about $50.00 each at the time. Well worth the money I spent. This was about 5 years ago. You'll need to check pricing and availability.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Fanatic

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 1

Time for bushings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for bushings.   Time for bushings. EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 6:04 am

Beautiful, are there upper body mounts to or do we bother with them? I thought my guy counted 11 or 12 of them. Thanks for the quick reply, I guess you work nights or don't sleep LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for bushings. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for bushings.   Time for bushings. Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for bushings.
Page 1 of 1