Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

Name : Timothy
Merit : 0

Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results Empty
PostSubject: Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results   Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results EmptySun May 31, 2020 11:49 am

Just got a MAJOR structural repair back on the unibody while replacing 5 of the 6 engine cradle bushings.  All I can say is wow.  

I was one pothole away from the bone yard the guy said.  

Couldn't be more thankful.
Back to top Go down
http://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results   Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results EmptySun May 31, 2020 6:07 pm

Good catch, was it making any noises?
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

PostSubject: Re: Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results   Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Yes. All the popping and creaking mentioned in the cradle bushing write-up in this forum was happening to me. It is an excellent write-up by the way. The 2 front most bushings were the only ones still attached to the unibody as the metal for the rear 4 was completely rotted away from rust. Steering was also way off as it required like twice the spin of the wheel to cover a regular turn. The parking brake has enough metal to be fixed properly as well.

Now it is tight and smooth and I can read the car's vibrations better through the pedals. Slowly but surely it's getting there and this was THE repair to tip it in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results   Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Great, glad it rides better and you'll find something new to fix LOL.
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

PostSubject: Re: Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results   Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 10:08 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
Great, glad it rides better and you'll find something new to fix LOL.

Oh the irony. In my excitement driving home from work today I pushed it a little and the exhaust busted right by the cat. It was on its way out to begin with. Funny you say that though. lol not gonna drive it for a while (again)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results   Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results Empty

Back to top Go down

Unibody repair / cradle bushing replacement results
Page 1 of 1