Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

It's Been A Long, Long Time...

Go down 
+3
stan
98inWPB
ghpcnm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

It's Been A Long, Long Time... Empty
PostSubject: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 4:16 pm

It's been at least 4 years since I last posted and I can't remember why I stopped.

I still have my Riv. She's sitting in the garage and she's just as beautiful as ever.
I drive her about 1k miles a year to local shows.

I'm also posting this link to some of the other rides I presently or previously owned since last visiting this forum:
http://www.americantorque.com/member/1/2103/

I hope everyone is doing well usa

albertj and 98inWPB like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
98inWPB

Name : Ed
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 pm

ghpcnm wrote:
It's been at least 4 years since I last posted and I can't remember why I stopped.

I still have my Riv. She's sitting in the garage and she's just as beautiful as ever.
I drive her about 1k miles a year to local shows.

I'm also posting this link to some of the other rides I presently or previously owned since last visiting this forum:
http://www.americantorque.com/member/1/2103/

I hope everyone is doing well  usa

That is one fine stable of cars surprised

ghpcnm likes this post

Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Dave..... Hi.... 😀

ghpcnm likes this post

Back to top Go down
dbriviera
dbriviera

Name : Dave Derhak
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 10:12 pm

Where did you find those rims for the riv...They look like lacross rims ? Looks good .
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Bingo !!!
Yes they are Buick Lacrosse rims thumbsup

dbriviera likes this post

Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 10:31 am

That is one fine stable of cars surprised [/quote]

Thank you.
Unfortunately, I no longer own the Reatta and the Mustang.
I just didn't have room for them, so I sold them a few years back.
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 am

stan wrote:
Dave..... Hi.... 😀
hi hi
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 11:33 am

Hi Dave. Great to hear from you! Some great looking cars you have. Did you sell your Vette?

I'm starting to become quite a Reatta fan. Never owned one, but whenever I see it on the road, I think: 'Wow, Buick really got this one right.' Dare I say... it's better looking than a Riviera, and standing the test of time quite well.

Also, "hello" to Ed. It's been a long time. Still racing Chump Cars?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

ghpcnm likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 11:52 am

AA wrote:
Hi Dave. Great to hear from you! Some great looking cars you have. Did you sell your Vette?

I'm starting to become quite a Reatta fan. Never owned one, but whenever I see it on the road, I think: 'Wow, Buick really got this one right.' Dare I say... it's better looking than a Riviera, and standing the test of time quite well.

Hi there, Mr. AA hi
The 'Vette is long gone. I sold it at a car show about 3 years ago. The buyer paid cash and gave me a ride home in it... LOL.
I really liked that car, but my wife hated it.
As for the Reatta, I wish I had never sold that car. It was so beautiful and such a pleasure to drive. My wife has never forgiven me for selling that one, but hey...that's what I do. I never keep anything very long (except for the Riv).
I suppose you took a peek at my Saturn Sky. I've had it for 2 years and I'm still enjoying it. We have a local Kappa Club here in my area and we take a lot of cruises and do car shows. It's a lot of fun although it's getting harder and harder to drag these old bones in and out of that little roadster.
How are you doing?
Is Robo still around?

AA likes this post

Back to top Go down
98inWPB

Name : Ed
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 12:12 pm

AA wrote:

Still at it, name has changed, we are now racing Champ Cars! Pay attn to the July 4 Daytona IMSA race, we will be somewhere in the background staging with 120 other cars for our 14 hr event on the rolex course the next day, the 5th..

While we do not have network TV coverage, there is a well done amateur broadcast on youtube/facebook Champcar live, we are expected to have a live camera in the car. Look for Team Infiniti

Facebook Infiniti Sharkcar Ed
Youtube multicrazycar (highlights later)

AA likes this post

Back to top Go down
mbletion

Name : Robert Cruise
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 9:01 am

The Black Cherry looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Glad your beautiful color was not available in 99 b/c I had to buy a 99 for insurance reasons. It would be tough keeping it beautiful while daily driving it. Great choice of wheels as well.

I went dark instead of aluminum.
It's Been A Long, Long Time... 50866520948_340295daaf_wDash by Brian Cohen, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
dbriviera
dbriviera

Name : Dave Derhak
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... EmptyFri Feb 26, 2021 3:19 am

ghpcnm wrote:
Bingo !!!
Yes they are Buick Lacrosse rims thumbsup

I have been looking at so many rim's. Those look great . All the Lacrosse rims I find are not cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Been A Long, Long Time...   It's Been A Long, Long Time... Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Been A Long, Long Time...
Page 1 of 1