Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Lights stay on for a long time after car is off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

Lights stay on for a long time after car is off Empty
PostSubject: Lights stay on for a long time after car is off   Lights stay on for a long time after car is off EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey guys,

Hope everything is well in the Riv world. happy Been a while since I've been on here but hey, at least I've been catching up with the local Riv owner populace. I've seen 4-5 Rivs around my area within the past 2 months or so which is probably more than I've seen the prior 3 years combined. Anyway, mine's acting up on me.

In the past, I would park the car, open the door, lock the doors from the inside, then close the door and walk away from the car. The lights that stay on after locking and leaving the car (headlights, brake lights, etc.) used to stay on for only a few seconds and then go off. I had gotten used to that for about 7 years. About 2 weeks ago, the lights began to stay on for much, much longer than usual. Now, they'll stay on for at least two minutes before shutting off gripe

Could my twilight sentinel be the culprit? Just as a side note, I had a local automotive audio shop owner work on my sequential turn signal module a few weeks back because it wasn't working properly. Turns out several relays inside of the unit were blown, causing several lamps to not flash. He messed with the timing of the lights as well, which I agreed to have him do. I'll get up with him tomorrow about this issue, but I'm wondering if his work could have had something to do with the lights staying on as well. Anyway, any help is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Lights stay on for a long time after car is off   Lights stay on for a long time after car is off EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Check the simple things first. There's a slider right by the headlight pull-knob. Slide it to the left all of the way if it's not.
Back to top Go down
96riv
Fanatic
96riv

Name : Dennis
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Lights stay on for a long time after car is off   Lights stay on for a long time after car is off EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Reprogram the locking/horn/light feature with information found in your manual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arizonagn.com
ZEP
Fanatic
ZEP

Name : Zach
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Lights stay on for a long time after car is off   Lights stay on for a long time after car is off EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Well, learned something new today! Slid it all the way to the left again... lol, thanks Matt. I never move the thing so it's odd, but meh. Still, the manual says that if you move the control all the way to AUTO MAX, the lamps stay on for ~3 minutes after the engine is shut off. Moving it towards AUTO MIN, according to the manual, shuts the lights off almost instantaneously.

It seems like the exact opposite is true though... pg 2-42 if anyone is curious.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Lights stay on for a long time after car is off   Lights stay on for a long time after car is off EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 am

Yeah, the manual stumped me too. I just had to fiddle with it every morning until it worked the way I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lights stay on for a long time after car is off   Lights stay on for a long time after car is off Empty

Back to top Go down

Lights stay on for a long time after car is off
Page 1 of 1