Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Is this some kind of access panel?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 8

Is this some kind of access panel? Empty
PostSubject: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 3:06 pm

I saw this little panel on the passenger side of the cowl. Would this give me access. Would this give me access to spray disinfectant into the passenger side possibly closer to the evaporator?

https://flic.kr/p/2jhzP7c
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 6:09 am

carguy8888 wrote:
Would this give me access to spray disinfectant into the passenger side possibly closer to the evaporator?

I don't think so.
I think it's just a little opening so you could disconnect the washer sprinkler/nozzle, or whatever you call that thing.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 am

Thank you, no access to spray anything to reach any area for the HVAC on that side correct?
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 am

Thank you, no access to spray anything to reach any area for the HVAC on that side correct?
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 6:42 am

carguy8888 wrote:
Oh, I'd like to know how the air gets inside our cars too!
I need to figure out how to install some kind of cabin air filter, since my wife is very pollen allergic.

As for the disinfectant - I guess the standard way of disinfecting your evaporator is to turn your HVAC fan on MAX, then hit Recirculation and spray your stuff into the RECIRC intake. In recirculation mode HVAC shuts the ambient air off and takes air from inside the cabin. I think recirculation intake located somewhere on the left in the passenger foot-well. I'd puff some cigarette smoke (or something like that) in there to find the intake smile
Once you know where the sucking hole is, just slowly spray your disinfectant in there, keeping HVAC in RECIRC mode.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 3:06 pm

DeepFrozen wrote:
carguy8888 wrote:
Oh, I'd like to know how the air gets inside our cars too!
I need to figure out how to install some kind of cabin air filter, since my wife is very pollen allergic.

As for the disinfectant - I guess the standard way of disinfecting your evaporator is to turn your HVAC fan on MAX, then hit Recirculation and spray your stuff into the RECIRC intake. In recirculation mode HVAC shuts the ambient air off and takes air from inside the cabin. I think recirculation intake located somewhere on the left in the passenger foot-well. I'd puff some cigarette smoke (or something like that) in there to find the intake smile
Once you know where the sucking hole is, just slowly spray your disinfectant in there, keeping HVAC in RECIRC mode.

Air intake is drivers's side of cowl then thru firewall.

Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 3:44 pm

My smell appears randomly when the hvac is not on. Should I be aiming for the cowl, that evap intake inside the car or both?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 6:41 pm

carguy8888 wrote:
I saw this little panel on the passenger side of the cowl. Would this give me access. Would this give me access to spray disinfectant into the passenger side possibly closer to the evaporator?

Why not remove the panel and see. It took you longer to take a pic of the panel and post it on here than it would have to remove the panel and take a look inside.
Then share your findings with the rest of us dummy's. LOL.

Let us know what you find out about disenfecting through the outside cowl and/or the inside Recirc inlet.

I know I'm a curious by-stander.

Rick
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Junkie
carguy8888

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 6:48 pm

I did, it looks like it's for access to the wiper arm linkage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this some kind of access panel?   Is this some kind of access panel? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this some kind of access panel?
Page 1 of 1