Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads Empty
PostSubject: LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads   LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 am

This might prove useful -

CTS-V Brake Install - Link

All Wheel & Brake Caliper combo & fitment concerns come here - Link
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads   LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 am

That's a really interesting find! I'm familiar with the CTS-V Brembo upgrade, but I didn't know they just bolted onto F-body Camaro like that. Very cool. I might add that CTS-V Brembos, though pricey compared to floating style OE calipers, are still the best value for a big brake upgrade by far. They can be had on eBay for around $300 for the fronts. I think $500-600 for all 4 wheels.

Note: our rear calipers are weird, and may not match the bolt pattern like Camaro does. Need to research this before going big brake in back.

Another concern: both Camaro and CTS are RWD designs that have much more weight distributed to the rear, and because of this the design of the rear caliper for those cars can have more clamping force (more stopping) compared to the Riv. For safety reasons, be careful to research and know what you're doing before you swap the rear calipers - to avoid a rear lock-up in a corner. This is a very big deal and has proved a bad idea for other car modders in the past. (i.e. Audi guys swapping Porsche calipers. It does not end well!).

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4

LS1Tech Brake Upgrade Threads
Page 1 of 1