Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???

Go down 
+13
AA
Hometown Hero
97 park ave
Abaddon
Mr.Riviera
BMD
Jason
Rickw
albertj
duckstu
robotennis61
jax95riv
97rivman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:56 am

OK, thanks guys, I'll find out if they have rear tie rod ends at my local parts store. So is that what the bolt for, toe adjustment?
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 am

BMD wrote:
OK, thanks guys, I'll find out if they have rear tie rod ends at my local parts store. So is that what the bolt for, toe adjustment?
im not sure the bolt is actually doing the toe adjustment, but i do believe that it is the lock so the toe adjustment stays. im assuming to remove that piece you have to take the pictured bolt out and then unscrew the end of the lateral arm like a tie rod end.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Tyler is correct!

Congratulations! You get to drink from the Fire Hose!!!! lmao
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Tyler is correct!

Congratulations! You get to drink from the Fire Hose!!!! lmao

fire hose? lol
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:09 pm

You've never seen the movie UHF?
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:13 pm

lol no not that i recall, i assume that is from that movie then?
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:51 pm

UHF Rocked! Instant Wierd Al classic.

Stanley Spedowski was pretty much where the character of Kramer began.
"I got that mop for my birthday when I was 8 years old... WE'VE NEVER BEEN APART!"
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:58 pm

97 park ave wrote:
im not sure the bolt is actually doing the toe adjustment, but i do believe that it is the lock so the toe adjustment stays. im assuming to remove that piece you have to take the pictured bolt out and then unscrew the end of the lateral arm like a tie rod end.

Thanks for the info guys, so that means that a front tie rod end would definately not do the trick since that bolt is required to lock the adjustment isn't part of the design. But I just got back from a couple of parts stores and neither can locate this part. I called the dealer and they said that it is discontinued! rolleyes What else is new, I can find parts easier sometimes for my 68 Charger. Anyway here is the part number for the Outer Adjustment Link : # 26037360 and here is an exploded view of the rear suspension....
Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 389684756
So I'm off to search the net, if anyone knows a link to this part it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 pm

I'll double check with my parts supplier before the end of the week for you, OK.
Will try and find the aftermarket P/N's and prices, if possible
Unless you or someone else come up with something.

Btw, OEM P/N's I have on my list are:

Rod Kit, Outer Tie Rod - Left = #26037360
" " " " " - Right = 26037362

Rick

p.s. That appears to be the same numbers you have.

Do you only need the Left or Both.?

Last edited by Rickw on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:15 pm

On GM Parts Direct, they are calling it a rear tie rod. It's about $40.

Link

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks for the link Aaron. Rick, if you could check with your supplier and write back, that would be great! I only need the driverside rear tie-rod, but if the price and shipping are manageable then I might go for both. You know, you figure that probably not many people are gonna need to replace those before 150k, unless trhey are in an accident. Its when the cars get to be this age that they become necessary and the dealer doesn't have any?!?!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Quote :
you figure that probably not many people are gonna need to replace those before 150k, unless trhey are in an accident.
Mine are original at 207k miles, and I was involved in a side impact. Alignment tech was able to do his job.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 pm

AA wrote:
Quote :
you figure that probably not many people are gonna need to replace those before 150k, unless trhey are in an accident.
Mine are original at 207k miles, and I was involved in a side impact. Alignment tech was able to do his job.

I don't doubt that, I was figuratively speaking, point being that the older the car gets the more in need of parts it will become, unless something occured to cause a repair in that area.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah, since the arms hardly move, they should last a LO-O-O-Ong, long time. Front steering tie rod ends lasted me over 175k.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:43 pm

BMD wrote:
Thanks for the link Aaron. Rick, if you could check with your supplier and write back, that would be great! I only need the driverside rear tie-rod, but if the price and shipping are manageable then I might go for both. You know, you figure that probably not many people are gonna need to replace those before 150k, unless trhey are in an accident. Its when the cars get to be this age that they become necessary and the dealer doesn't have any?!?!
Sure, I'll check for more specific info next time I stop there.

What happened that you need a new one, is it just worn out or did it take a hit.?
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:02 am

I am trying to isolate a noise that sounds like a can of change, so every couple days I am under there trying to figure it out when I noticed it. Can't recall a specific incident that could've caused it though.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 am

make sure the center bolts that control the toe of the rear tires isnt loose. There is a marked washer between the frame and the nut that will rattle is the bolt becomes loosened.

Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

BMD wrote:
Went to the parts suppl store and the kid that told me he could get the rear tie-rods apparently made an error.
Saw the boss today and they looked through all their sources and came up dry.
Although, I did have to stop at my local Cadilac / GM dealership today and the Parts manager is pretty good to me and printed out a list of the dealers that show one in stock for me with their cost and retail $$ on the sheet.
My scanner doesn't work, so I can fax this list to you and you can call and see if any are willing to ship to you if you want me to. If they are not and the price is what you want to pay, we can have them ship to me and I'll ship to you.
Let me know what you would like to do.
My email is: irrickw@comcast.net

Also was told about a place in CA that will custom make ball joints and tie-rods and other parts for obsolete stuff.
The name is Rare Parts www.rareparts.com
1-800-621-2005

I would imagine this is the most expensive route to go though.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:26 pm

there have been adjustable lateral arms available for quite some time. One set is here:

[url]-- http://www.bmrfabrication.com/controlarms/GPaft.jpg[/url]

They are made for/known to the GP/Regal crowd. I don't think BMR would have a problem providing ones fitting the Riv, although I admit I have not asked. I imagine they would fit but I do not really know. They are $200 the pair.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:40 pm

BMD,
What say you.??????

No comment, nothing, wt.....
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Rickw wrote:
BMD,
What say you.??????

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I've been away all day and just got in yawn

Rickw wrote:

Went to the parts suppl store and the kid that told me he could get the rear tie-rods apparently made an error.
Saw the boss today and they looked through all their sources and came up dry.
Although, I did have to stop at my local Cadilac / GM dealership today and the Parts manager is pretty good to me and printed out a list of the dealers that show one in stock for me with their cost and retail $$ on the sheet.
My scanner doesn't work, so I can fax this list to you and you can call and see if any are willing to ship to you if you want me to. If they are not and the price is what you want to pay, we can have them ship to me and I'll ship to you.
Thanks man, I really appreciate your time and effort!
Rickw wrote:
Also was told about a place in CA that will custom make ball joints and tie-rods and other parts for obsolete stuff.
The name is Rare Parts www.rareparts.com
1-800-621-2005
I would imagine this is the most expensive route to go though.
Yeah, I think that that would be the last resort, but still good to know!
Rickw wrote:
Let me know what you would like to do.
I'm gonna try a couple places tommorrow, if nothing turns up, then I'll let you know Rick, again, I really appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 am

BMD wrote:
Rickw wrote:
BMD,
What say you.??????

Bull, you were on line when i posted.

Still if you need my help I'm here.
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 am

Rickw wrote:
BMD wrote:
Rickw wrote:
BMD,
What say you.??????

Bull, you were on line when i posted.

Still if you need my help I'm here.

Rick man, I was online, I was in the middle of responding to your first post when you entered your post in which you were wondering where I was. But by the time I was ready to press send, I saw your post and went back and modified mine to add my response.

Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Trailing arms   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Do these fit our cars? and has anybody bought them?

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=1175&catid=138
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 pm

i dont believe those will work on a G-body platform.

if you are looking to increase handling get some sway bars and a STB.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???   Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Rear Lateral Adjustment Arms/Links???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next